LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Thunder Racing

I am beyond pissed, this is the worst customer service ever!
To all fellow LS1 TECH members I would be careful of TR.
TR you have lost me as a loyal customer, as well as all of my family members.
You sold me used, damaged & missing parts, at your full asking price at the time

Actual part was purchased 2/15/2010, now 3 months later the same parts are cheaper and you wounldn't honor it for my time lost.

PLEASE LOOK A THE "DATES" The emails tell the tale.

1st email.

Sent:Sat 3/13/10 11:27 AM
To: sales@thunderracing.com; tech@thunderracing.com; orderinfo@thunderracing.com
I found 1 intake bolt stripped, threads are concaved like they have been heavily over torqued, missing 4 fuel rail bolts.I can try to sent pictures of the 1 intake bolt later. It appears to have already been tampered with, I have already talked with COMP CAMS they assured me these intakes are not shipped from them this way to venders. Needless to say someone needs to contact me soon, I called 3 times and left 2 voicemails and 2 email messages asking to speak with someone in the TECH Department.

2nd email

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:36 PM
To: sales@thunderracing.com
Subject: Stripped Bolt with intake, missing 4 fuel rail bolts????
I have called 3 times, left 2 voicemails and left 2 email messages last week on Saturday March 13,

1st reply

Sent:Tue 3/30/10 8:29 AM
I am sorry no one has gotten back to you. Who did you speak to? This is the first I have heard about this. I will get this taken care of for you ASAP. Let me talk to Shane this morning and I will try to get this squared up for you today.

3rd email

Sent:Tue 3/30/10 10:07 AM
To: sales@thunderracing.com
I don’t remember off the top of my head who I talked with, he stated for me to call back at another time since there is a limited staff on Saturdays. This was 2 Saturdays ago March 13 2010, he told me to email you guys the pictures. Are you just now getting this email?
I believe I have 2 emails 1 contains pictures for you to review.
I inspected the intake bolt, the bolt threads are just rolled pretty bad!!!

2nd reply

Sent:Tue 3/30/10 10:30 AM
Yes, this was the first email I have seen about this. Once again I am sorry Gene never got back with you after that Saturday. That is not our normal policy. I looked throughout the email system and did not see the email with pictures. Can you forward them to me again. Also send it to my email address directly as well. It is john@thunderracing.com I will definitely get this taken care of for you.

4th email

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:43 PM
To: john@thunderracing.com
Subject: Fast 102 Pictures Invoice # 195349A‏
Pictures as you requested.
The striped bolt for the intake, and the 4 missing bolts for the fuel rail is what ticks me off. The 1 intake bolt is striped the whole length of the Treads ???? damn glad you guys are not working on my car. A little back ground info of myself I have been a Master Certified Technician for 5 years, Mercedes-Benz Master Certified Technician for 5 years as well. So working on cars is not a weekend project I do for a living just like you guys at Thunder Racing. I will need a 1bolt intake bolt replaced and the 4 fuel rail bolts sent.

3rd reply

Sent:Wed 3/31/10 3:40 PM
I will get this squared away for you. Normally most parts like that sit on the shelf as soon as we get them from FAST/Comp. I never resell an item if it has been off of the shelf unless it’s a local install and the customer reviews the parts and Okays them. I will get with Shane and get Fast to drop ship you a replacement for the stripped bolt and the 4 missing bolts for you.

5th email

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: Fast 102 Pictures
Thank you, if you could when you have a change please send me the tracking number.
Did you need the striped bolt back?

4th reply

Sent:Wed 3/31/10 4:39 PM
No, you can throw it in the trash if you would like. Once again, sorry for the delay in no one calling you back. I will get you a tracking # as soon as it becomes available

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:40:42
I even called last week and talked with John stated he would find out and call me back with a answer.
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR FOLLOW UP!
I guess I'll take this intake off my car pack it and ship it back for a full refund!

6th email

Sent:Tue 4/20/10 3:49 PM
To: john@thunderracing.com; sales@thunderracing.com; webmaster@thunderracing.com
Hey is there a update on this? its been close to 3 weeks and you still dont have answer.

Called In to Thunder Racing
Hell who knows when!

6th reply

Sent: Wed 4/21/10 1:46 PM
I have been on the phone all day trying to get ahold of my rep over at Comp Cams. One way or another I will have a tracking # for you. I apologize for the delay.
John

7th email

Sent: Thu 4/29/10 3:14 PM
To: john@thunderracing.com; sales@thunderracing.com
I will not longer stand for this, THUNDER RACING will need CREDIT my account for TIME & PARTS ASAP (Amount will have to be determined)!!! Or I will pull the intake and ship it back for a FULL REFUND.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE; I cannot believe that you guys would do this to a returning customer.
I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP GETTING EMPTY PROMISES IN THE FORM OF EMAILS ANY LONGER, I NEED A ANSWER NOW

6th reply

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:03:17 -0500
Subject: RE: YOU NEED TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT YOU WILL REFUND MY MONEY! ‏My rep over at comp assured me that the bolt is leaving today. I will cc you the email so he can forward you the tracking number today for the bolt. I was speaking with him today and he also informed me that the Fuel rail adapter kit that you purchased does not come with bolts.

8th email

Sent: Fri 4/30/10 12:47 PM
Let me explain this to you for the LAST TIME since you DO NOT LISTEN, in the FAST 102mm Intake manifold box (not the fuel injector spacers, not the throttle body either) so again that only leaves the FAST 102 Intake manifold and Package Contents, it states right on the Instructions package contents (Qty 4, M6 x 12mm Cap screws bolts for OEM fuel rail hold down)
SEE THE ATTACHMENT.
qty 1 intake bolt Manifold to cylinder head
qty 4 OEM fuel rail hold down bolts
If I don't get the 5 bolts you will be refund my money

7th reply

Sent:Fri 4/30/10 4:07 PM
To: cmays@compcams.com
Chris,
Customer was also missing the 4, M6 x 12mm Cap screws bolts for OEM fuel rail hold down in his manifold box that he ordered as well. If we could also get a set of those out that would be great.

May 14, 2010
I gave up sending emails, called John telling him I still don’t have the bolts.
He states oh, you don’t have them yet?
I tell him no, I still don’t have the bolts.
HE states I will get them out right away.

May 18, 2010
I got the 5 bolts.

It took 47 business days, 67 days total to get 5 bolts!

Last edited by camcamaro1991; 05-20-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Launching!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

I just saw this post and unfortunately I wasn't aware of any of this. I need to talk to the guys in the morning to get to the bottom of this. I really apologize that you had this experience and I am embarrassed that this even happened.

Angie
Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Thumbs down

sales@thunderracing.com; tech@thunderracing.comail ;orderinfo@thunderracing.com
john@thunderracing.com; webmaster@thunderracing.com

These emails are the emails pulled from the 1st post, which were pulled from my sent folder.

Originally Posted by Angie
I just saw this post and unfortunately I wasn't aware of any of this. I need to talk to the guys in the morning to get to the bottom of this. I really apologize that you had this experience and I am embarrassed that this even happened.
I do value your concern, its highly doubtful as I sent few of the emails to you entire place of business in addition to the emails, I called many times asking to speak with someone else other than John (I left 2 voicemails to the TR TECH department), asked him more times than I can remember to speak with a Manger only to get their are in the shop but I will have them call you tomorrow Never did anyone other than John call me, I believe he only called me 1-2 times throughout the entire 3 months.

Last edited by camcamaro1991; 05-19-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you please PM me your phone number. I'd like to speak with you directly regarding this situation. At this point, the only thing I know for sure is that we would never knowingly sell used or damaged parts to anyone. I'm not sure what happened here but I'd like to take care of it. There are many LS1Tech members who would vouch for me and this company. We do everything possible to make ALL of our customers happy. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with us.

Thanks,
Shane Burgess
Co-Owner/VP Operations
Thunder Performance Group, Inc.
D/B/A Thunder Racing
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up Thunder Racing

FYI, all members

Mr. Shane from TR has called me to resolve the situation.

I can honestly say that this situation is far better than buying a products/parts from a single individual and not getting any response and just taking my money and running away with it.

To Mr. John I am not personally upset with you, as I was more upset with the total overall circumstances. Since talking with Shane I was made aware of your responsibility's at TR, you have a lot on your plate with the customer service side of TR, and I know first hand what it takes to get ahold of anyone at Comp Cams.
John I am sorry

To. Ms./Mrs. Angie I do extend my appreciation for your follow up.

I retract my previous statement as I will order from TR again in the future.

THANK YOU
Old 09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Sorry to revive this post since 2 years,but i also have the worst customer service ever!pay for a stroker cam and they didnt told me that was out of stock,then after 1 week waiting call to gene of TR and told ,ow excuse me you need to wait 1 month because we are out of stock,,call on tuesday to cancel me the order and refund my money via paypal,and didnt recieve yet,,call 5 times daily and its very diffcult to some one takes the answer,i will never buy anything from this guys ever!!

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing