LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

BLSolutions Firebird Proj. Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up BLSolutions Firebird Proj. Headlight

Well this is a long awaited review that I've been putting off for the past couple of months, but since the car is now parked and I've got some free time I figure it's time to give a big thumbs up to Brian (BLSolutions) for his awesome Firebird retrofit kit.

I originally placed the order last March or April and once the lamps became available (I believe there was a lamp back order, which Brian promptly informed me of and asked if I was ok with the wait) the order arrived in a timely fashion, pretty quick considering it was being shipped up to Canada.

Throughout the back order time period, Brian kept up with constant updates keeping me well informed and getting everything all ready to send of ASAP once the lamps arrived.

Once the package arrived, everything was snugly packed and secure. No damages and everything was accounted for.

The included DVD instructions were easy to follow and offered excellent step by step instructions on how to put together the lamps. Honestly I couldn't ask for an easier setup.

During the actual install I encountered a bit of a problem regarding the relay harness, low and behold it was user error at it's best on my part and after emailing Brian back and forth, I noticed that I had accidentally tucked one of the plugs out of plain view... Despite my visual complex Brian's emails were prompt and very helpful going through step by step where I may have taken a wrong step, keep in mind I was emailing him at around 8 or 9pm PST. When I write a manufacture, vendor, or whomever I don't expect a response until normal business hours. This emailing not only sorted out my problems it made it so I could stare blindly into my new headlights.

While I still haven't aimed the headlights properly (I find it kind of hard when you're not shining the lights off of a flat surface and an un-level surface) they are in a good enough position where it isn't blinding traffic; although when the car comes out of Winter storage I will take the time and effort and focus these laser beams!

Laser beams? Hell ya! The projection of these headlights is awesome! Ridiculously focused and clear! Going from a stock halogen setup to this is probably one of the best things to do in regards to nighttime safety. I find that the street signs in the distance are now more apparent, the side to side visual is perfect, and the cut-off these projectors offer is excellent! Even if I feel I may have aimed the headlights a little higher than need be the on coming cars will not be effected, like I said a perfect step cut-off (see pictures on his GP thread in the appearance section).

Why did I wait so long to post a review, ya in part it was due not having the time, but it was also due to wanting a good amount of experience driving around with these in place to get a full grasp on what I like and what I might not. I honestly don't have any complaints the install was fun, a little nerve racking when I didn't realize that I had hidden that relay plug, and the after results are well worth it. Would I do this again? Yep in a heartbeat and perhaps take more time on aiming them.

Thanks for the awesome product Brian and if you ever decide on fog lights I'll be up for those as one of mine has melted.

Gary