LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Tick Performance, slow shipping, poor customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tick Performance, slow shipping, poor customer service

Ordered some t56 parts from Tick Performance Sunday. Figuring parts would ship monday and easily be to me for the next weekend. Charge my card monday morning but decide to call me on wednesday to tell me one of the parts is on national backorder. So they didn't ship any of my order. That call would have been nice on monday so I could still get parts to me without paying extra freight. They wouldn't even help with expedited freight to assure it was here for the weekend. Guess I know who not to order from.

Jessie
Old 05-18-2012, 03:22 AM
TECH Veteran

It takes awhile to process any order off a weekend and it was probably a head meets desk moment when they found out its a national problem.
At least they called you at which point you should have asked if they had shipped the rest of your order. On their end they should have told you it was a "one package ship" for shipping charges and if you wanted to wait on the back order part or not. You both kind of missed the boat on that one.
Did you cancel the entire order or decide to wait until the other part is available (which could take months)?

Expedited is overnight, 2 or 3 day which has more than tripled in cost, no company is eating those costs right now.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I cancelled the order and called D&D. They had everything I had ordered including the part that was on "national back order". Then they upgraded my shipping to two days for 10 bucks. The problem is any company can throw a website up and a shopping cart and start taking orders. To each his own.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jessie, your order for T56 parts actually came into our system on Saturday night, the 12th, and your card was automatically charged during checkout (as all orders placed online with us are.) You placed your order with "Free Shipping" which specifies a 3-10 business day delivery (details clearly displayed on our website, here: http://www.tickperformance.com/pages...ckup-policies/) and indicates to our staff that there is no immediate hurry to receive the order. Our order volume is quite large and of course expedited shipping orders are addressed more quickly than Free Shipping orders. Your order was being prepared for shipping on Wednesday the 16th when we realized that the Tremec rails were out of stock on our shelves and that all of our suppliers were backordered on them. You were contacted immediately thereafter and refunded as soon as you requested it.

I wish that the profit margin was wide enough on $200 worth of T56 parts to allow for expedited shipping due to an unforeseen hangup - unfortunately, it is not. The problem with your order is that the part wasn't in stock and wasn't immediately available, so expedited shipping wouldn't have made a difference in your case anyways.

I'm glad that D&D was able to get you taken care of and again, I realize that backorders are a headache not only for us, but for you as a customer as well, and I apologize for that. Your order was handled by-the-books as far as our policies are concerned, and choosing whether or not to do business in the future is your choice to make.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance, slow shipping, poor customer service