LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Complete Street Performance & FTI Converters

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Complete Street Performance & FTI Converters

I'd like to write a quick review/recommendation for Andrew at Complete Street Performance, Greg at FTI Converters, and the guys at Import Intelligence.

I spoke with Greg at FTI about what I wanted out of a converter and he helped me out immensely and offered his professional opinion on what he thought I should go with, I listened, and I am very happy I did. I haven't really "beaten" on the car yet, but as far as driveability goes, this ~3600 stall converter drives almost like stock, it's barely noticeable unless you're going uphill unlocked. It's tight enough, even with my 2.73 gears to push the car without any throttle at idle if it's flat road.

I ordered the custom built billet lockup torque converter through Complete Street Performance and just had it installed and tuned yesterday. Andrew was having back trouble so he told me the guys at the shop next door, Import Intelligence, could do the install and then he would look it over and do the tuning. I got there yesterday morning and the guys were really cool, nothing bad to say about them at all, if I ever get an import I'll probably be giving them some business, they were great.

Once it was installed Andrew took over and we began the tuning process. After a baseline dyno run Andrew mentioned how impressed he was with how dialed in the stock tune already was on the car, although he did say that the MAF may need replaced soon because the tables were a little funky. He was also pretty sure he really couldn't get any more out of it with a tune, and as far as peak numbers he was right, however he did get some nice low end gains over the former numbers. Peak numbers checked in at 326rwhp 322rwtq and I am very happy thus far, 24 hours after. I should mention that in addition to his reputation for getting great results, Andrew himself is a really cool dude. He knows his stuff and he's real honest and straight with you. He's pretty fun to talk to too, we had plenty of laughs during everything yesterday. I'm definitely going to be returning to him in the future.

Quick Reply: Complete Street Performance & FTI Converters