LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Terrible customer service from Mike Yeager at East Coat Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible customer service from Mike Yeager at East Coat Performance

I'm not sure if he's still a vendor on this site, but if he is beware. I've had an extremely unprofessional transaction with him. The short of the long is I was late shipping my transmission back to him because of a deployment. I let him know and shipped it to him a little late. He then says the fee for being late will be $500 when it's an $800 core charge in the first place. On top of that he promises multiple times through the past few months to pay me and it never happens. The entire time I was cordial until the past few days, where I was still calm, but I let him know I will be reporting him to the BBB as well as make threads detailing his terrible service. It took me over 12 calls and multiple voice mails to get a hold of him this past week after he promised for the 6th plus time that I would get a refund by XX date and never did he return a call. Not only that he hangs up on you mid sentence for "threatening" him. These threats by the way were letting him know that I will be leaving threads like this one for everyone to read so that they can decide if they want to do business with Mike Yeager.

Below is the actual details though I may be off on some of the dates, deploying will do that do you.

I'll start off by saying I've had and am still having terrible service from Mike Yeager. I've been waiting months to receive my core refund for my transmission and have been promised multiple times I would get it, but nothing has come through. Even worse, he has refused to reply to any of my phone calls and voice mails that I have left over the past week. Now I'll go into as much detail as I can at the moment.

I paid for the transmission June 03, 2013. I received said transmission around June 21, 2013. (Where I immediately had it installed). At this point I had to go out of town on military orders. I came to realize that my transmission had yet to be shipped, called him and apologized and let him know it would immediately get shipped the next day. I know he had the transmission around the July 15, 2013.

When I spoke to him he said there may be a fee and that he would call to find out and get back to me if there was such a fee. He never called back, so I sent the transmission on it's merry way. I call him a few days later to let him know that the transmission should be in his hands soon and apologize for the error when I am told that I will only be getting $300 instead of the $800 core fee I was originally charged. Wow, that's quite the fee for being a little over a week late. I wasn't very happy, but I let it go.

I deploy to Afghanistan a few days later, so my mind isn't really on checking my bank account to see if my fee was ever returned. A few days after I got into country I have time to check my account, low and be hold nothing was returned. I sent Mike an email dated Aug 06, 2013 asking about it. His reply was "I will know about the refund by 6pm est Aug 9th, 2013...I will write you a receipt for the late fee return and email it to you". This, of course, never happened. I emailed him again on the Aug 12, 2013 and got a reply, this time he made no promises of when my refund would be had, but nothing happened at this point. I don't have enough time to call and email constantly while I'm deployed so I decided I would take care of it when I returned home.

I call Mike on Oct 6, 2013 and leave a voice mail stating my reason for calling and my phone number. I don't get a call back so I call again on Oct 8, 2013. I was able to get a hold of mike so I ask why I haven't received my refund after months of asking for it and am met with many excuses. He states he will do the paper work himself and I will for sure have the money in my bank account on the 10th, but it would be there on the 11th at the latest. I check my bank account on the 11th and there is still nothing to be had. I give it another week and still nothing in the bank account. At this point I'm pretty angry. I call again on Oct 21, 2013. No answer, I leave a voice mail saying I'm very upset with this customer service. I would like a full refund because you can't penalize someone for something you're doing and on top of it I have military orders stating I can't be held liable for actions I had no control over due to the military. I also let him know in this voice mail that if something doesn't happen soon I will post threads about this terrible service as well as seek out a lawyer. I don't get any return calls. I called him twice the next day and left another voice mail. I spoke to him at the end of the day on the 22nd and he reassured me, once again, that at the latest I would have the money by Friday the 25th. Of course... this never happened, so I called that day around 1 pm and at the end of the day and was met with no answer to my calls and left yet another voice mail. I've since called twice a day every day since sunday and have left voice mails each time. All with no return call.

I'm sure anyone can see why I'd be upset at this point.

Thanks for reading,
Brett
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

damn that sucks. that's some sorry bull **** service.

Thanks for your service
Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear about this! I hope you are able to get this resolved. By the looks of your story, it sounds like someone is hurting for funds and cannot replenish your refund in a timely manner. Semper Fi! Jay
Old 11-22-2013, 04:14 AM
TECH Regular

Wow that's not good. Lol, since I'm not a vendor here I'll throw in my .02 cents. A few years ago we somewhat partnered up (and it didn't last long, thank god) he told me all these stories about his friends shop, then later it's his shop bla blah blah, needless to say things got sour fast. I ended up basically not talking to him anymore.

What you should do if you haven't already is post the story over on corvette forum, I'm pretty sure he's still active there. I'd PM a mod and ask if its ok and go from there. That is not acceptable what he is doing to you. What you need to do now is charge him a $500 fee for refunding you late. If he can't refund you $300 then he is obviously hurting for money. Don't let it die!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:31 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Moving to Vendor Feedback, and I have sent a PM to Mike to have him look into this.

Quick Reply: Terrible customer service from Mike Yeager at East Coat Performance