Old 10-31-2014, 07:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Of course the condition changed... we did more work
Old 10-31-2014, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The description didn't match what was actually done. I was told the cage was in the car at one point, then was told the cage was ready to go in but when I picked up the car there was no cage or sign of a cage. Updates with pictures would have avoided that.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I... never told you that any sort of cage was actually installed in the car. I know you were told the car was "being prepped for a cage", and that we had a "cage package made for the car". Must have only heard part of what was really said.

There were actually a few cage kits in the shop when you picked up the car, if you would have asked I would have been more than happy to show them to you. Your actual kit had been sold because there was no money left on the account and no sign of any coming. Why should I make anyone else wait that has one paid for and I can ship it out...

Copied from a email over a year ago, after the car was here and had several hours of labor accumulated:

09-13-2013
He bought the whole front setup minus the afco's and the wheels. The k member, manual rack with steering rod, brakes, hubs, etc. Pretty much drop the whole k member and remove the wheels and afco's, everything else goes. I can paypal you the shipping if you want. I am mailing you atleast another thousand but probably two thousand within the next or two at the latest.

Who do you use for turbo's? Its very frustrating not being about to get ahold of my current turbo guy. I'll have a Dart block 440-460cu in, do recommend a big single like 106 or smaller twins? I was thinking a big single would keep weight and ducting down to an minimum. What's your thoughts?

Thanks

Lorenz

You asked for pics, you got them... starting back in February. Still never got any of that money for the build that was supposed to be coming from that statement in the email from 09/13

Copied from the only email sent by Lorenz or LSX Power Tuning on the business email contact account, and was a reply to a .pdf invoice for shipping used parts:

02/28/14
To: Midwest Chassis
info@lsxpowertuning.com
Did you ever text pics of my camaro? If you did I didnt receive them.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Midwest Chassis <midwestchassis@hotmail.com> wrote:

To Lorenz Tiedt :

Your invoice is attached. Please remit payment at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

Midwest Chassis, Inc

That was dated 2-27-14, you got pics sent via manager's text on 3-4-14, 3 business days later.

Claims are made that invoices and pics are requested on specific dates, however I never spoke to anyone on the phone personally about any of it, nor were any emails actually received about any of it until very recently. We still proceeded to work on the car here and there to keep things moving somewhat, and compile a lot of the major parts to do the build.

So... I just did a search on both of the business email accounts for Lorenz and LSX. The ONLY one that asked for any sort of "invoice" for the 5k deposit was just on Sept 19th, about 3 weeks or so after I called to find out where we were at with the build. Sept 30th a complete revised estimate of repairs is made, showing the 5k deposit. A receipt was not asked for when the car was dropped off by the brother or owner(not present at that time).

phone call made to customer:

Crickets for quite some time at this point, though we work on the car a bit, build more parts, Manager leaves to move back home out of state, etc. I finally call in late August to find out where we are at, I want to get this thing rolling and finish the build... it's taking up valuable shop space. I explain in detail the condition of the car. I say I need more money on the build, you say send pics and "invoice", I say ok and we agree to go onward. During that conversation I was told a couple emails had been sent, I replied that I didn't get them, sorry. Come to find out they had been blocked by spam protection. The spam blocker had then been reset for that address, then I was forwarded the copies to see finally a few weeks later(Sept 19).

Not too long after the phone convo on Sept 9th you were sent pics via text through Nitro Dave, from me. I am not giving out my personal cell number.

Sept 19th forwarded emails requesting "invoice" and pics from blocked Aug 26th email. This is the first email exchange between us in 10.5 MONTHS.

Sept 30th(Tuesday) a complete revised and formal "estimate of repairs" is emailed, showing the 5k deposit that is "received on account". Never hear back during the week, I am gone over the weekend at the track with customers, do not look at business emails over weekends, especially during race season. Customer is here to pick up the car that next Monday morning, no emails received yet(one was sent sometime that Saturday), or even a phone call/vm made.

Here is the rest of the story: I had 10,500.00 in parts sitting here for the build, pictures to prove it. I ALSO have 57 documented hours of shop labor, no matter what anyone says how long something should take. The situation changes when a job is stopped like this... The money that is "received on account" now has to go to the direct amount of parts and labor that are present. No parts were taken, it all goes to labor then. There was a difference between the labor and the deposit, hence the 1000.00 refund that was made on the spot, that both parties agreed on without any sort of debate. Had any parts gone with the car it would have changed the difference of the refund. THESE ARE THE FACTS.

I'm done. The truth is in the writing. My posts on the other threads have been mysteriously deleted on a consistent basis due to this. Imagine that....

Last edited by ssvert99; 10-31-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Its funny you keep bumping other thread to keep this one from the top. Everytime you post in this one you go re-post in that thread to make it go to the top.

I didnt send the money in for 2 reasons, the parts didnt go out and the car wasnt being worked on. If the car isnt being worked on then the deposit couldnt be used up and didnt think it would matter any. The whole time I was dealing with the shop manager there was never a mention of sending more money in. He said the car was sitting and yall were about to get started on it. Sending more money in wasnt brought up from you until Aug 2014.

September 18th 2013 I sold the whole front end (k member, rack, control arms, brakes, etc) everything minus the and emailed the shipping information to Midwest Chassis on September 19,2013. Midwest told me it take them a week or so get it on a pallet and shipped out. They shipped it the last week of February 2014 and the guy that purchased it from me in September 18 received the parts March 5, 2014.

February 3rd 2014 I started talking to the new shop manager at Midwest about updates on the car and found out they started working on it. He gave me his personal cell and said text or call anytime. I asked for pictures of the progress and a bill or invoice. Finally on March 4th I get a single pic of the car showing the cage and floor cutout. I ask for updated pics on April 3rd and don’t receive any. On May 6, 14, and 23 I ask about a bill and never get one.

I posted a timeline of events with dates and pics thats documented telling my experience with you. I never once even said anything negative the quality of your work or anything along those lines yet you still wanted to attack me personally on YB. If I doubted the quality of your work I wouldnt have took the car to you in the first place. Just because you can build quality race cars doesn't have anything to with your customer service or lack of communication. The you come on here and start posting negative things about my business (which has zero to do with anything of this) in retaliation since YB wasnt going in your favor I guess. I would guess since there was no truth in your post is why they got deleted on here. I dont know forsure, I didnt have anything to do with it.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow crazy!! LSx Powertuning has ALWAYS done above and beyond being right by me! Scratch MWC off my list!!!!! Its funny though I've heard from several others that say MWC have problems getting their rear ends out. My buddy ordered his in September, I think its time to go Moser.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis