LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AES Racing - NEVER AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spectre86
I worked with Fraser years ago when he did my 427. Took longer then I was quoted, but the price was fair and the motor ran great. made 560/500 wheel with portled ls3 heads and a stock air intake.

seems like since Fraser left, theres been nothing but negative threads about them.

Hope it works out for you man. sorry to hear your having to deal with all this.
Fraser seems like a great guy for sure. I intend on contacting AES on Monday to see if I can speak with Tony directly. We'll see what he says.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I called AES earlier this evening, and received some promising news! Spoke with Sue, who has agreed to remove the errant storage fees. I will follow up as soon as I have more information - I had pretty much given up hope that I was going to get my parts & motor back, so this was great news as there are several items that'll swap right into my new setup.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, still no word back from AES sadly.

I was hoping to get my items back, and pay for the services rendered. One would think it wouldn't take 3+ weeks to gather my engine and its parts together, unless they lost them, sold them, etc. Either way, the communication is back to zero.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update:

AES has returned my engine to me - with a few caveats (as expected).

1) I paid for an "engine degrease" - but I received by cylinder heads and pistons CAKED in carbon deposits. I was told this "was normal" because 99% of the time the customers end up having an aftermarket rotating assembly/cylinder heads installed.

Makes sense, but I feel that after nearly two years - I should received a CLEAN engine as I had paid for. I'm lucky to have access to a parts washer, but I feel that this service should've been completed as I had previously paid for in it's entirety... something AES is STILL lacking in.

2) As previously stated - I brought in numerous aftermarket parts for my build back when I was dealing with Brian Reinking. Somewhere between my dropping off those parts, and the date I picked them up, my BTR Slow Leakdown Rate lifters had disappeared. I was given LS7 lifters and told "they're the exact same part as the BTR Lifter".

As part of my agreement with Sue, I've agreed to remove my LS1Tech thread. She has emailed me over 5 times about this - which I find ironic, as AES was NOT AT ALL worried about my business over the past year and a half, but now I seem to be of the utmost importance.

Mods - Please lock this thread, but do not delete it. The Tech community should at least be able to view this thread and make their own opinions.

AES - I'll see you at the track....

Quick Reply: AES Racing - NEVER AGAIN.