LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Patriot Performance heads (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post Patriot Performance heads (Resolved)

Hello all
I have talked to patriot about problems that I had with their heads, Gunner seem to be a reasonable man, I am waiting to hear from a response to an email I sent them. I will keep everyone posted about the help I receive from them.

Basically I have to replace my block and get new heads. I will edit this post with more information as I know more about this problem. thanks
David

my heads were purchased from TSP a 1 1/2 years ago, I have put in the car about 7500 miles with this set up and upon having the car running I noticed that it was misfiring and only 3 cylinders where working properly, Map sensor was reading 95% at idle, so I opened up the valve covers to discover that 5 of the valves were about to drop, and one of them in cylinder #3 was already jammed up in the chamber of the head, the srpings did not break, the titanium retainer did not give, it was the actual Valve that could not take to load. It appeared that someone had hammered the top of the valves and grinded the actual valves until they were ready to drop....can you picture this? all of this caused cylinder #3 to be scarred, the Rockers were trash, and the heads were no good, I am going to be replacing the block with a forged one, I am still going to run the new heads that Patriot aggreed to provide me, I asked them to use a different set of valves...like manley, ruv, etc but I dont know that they will do this since gunnar said that their QC and products have been improved....
I understand that the heads were a year and a half old, but I believe that the valves should have not given up this early......
I have talked to Gunnar at patriot via email and they are going to replace my heads and supply a set of OEM rockers.According to Gunner they have made many improvements in thier products, personnel, and
QC during the year and a half that I had my heads.

I do want to say that patriot has been very professional about all this. I was very impressed with the heads when I received them at first....so I know that if there was improvements, the product should be a good one.
thanks

Last edited by 98hc4mula; 05-25-2005 at 04:42 PM. Reason: ***update***
Old 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you explain what happened in a bit more detail? Thanks!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
Hello all
I have talked to patriot about problems that I had with their heads, Gunner seem to be a reasonable man, I am waiting to hear from a response to an email I sent them. I will keep everyone posted about the help I receive from them.

Basically I have to replace my block and get new heads. I will edit this post with more information as I know more about this problem. thanks
David

David,

Although these heads are a year and a half old and out of warranty, we have already explained that we are going to repair/replace your heads at no charge to you.

Thank you,
Gunnar
Old 05-25-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

read post one, there is an update.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

It would be clearer for people to keep track of what's new if you could post your updates in separate posts instead of editing the original one repeatedly
Old 05-25-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ACW
It would be clearer for people to keep track of what's new if you could post your updates in separate posts instead of editing the original one repeatedly
So true. This thread didn't make sense until I read how he edited the original post for an update. On a side note Gunnar took care of me like he said he would when I had a issue with some older heads.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my bad people, I thought that the edit would show in bold, my mistake.
anyhow, I am getting taken care of by Gunnar at patriot. they are very reasonable and have taken time to respond to all the questions I had for them.
I think that I need to say that this issue has been resolved and that I am thankful for the help that they provided.
David
Old 05-26-2005, 12:38 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
my bad people, I thought that the edit would show in bold, my mistake.
anyhow, I am getting taken care of by Gunnar at patriot. they are very reasonable and have taken time to respond to all the questions I had for them.
I think that I need to say that this issue has been resolved and that I am thankful for the help that they provided.
David
Good to hear

Quick Reply: Patriot Performance heads (Resolved)