LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Still no clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Still no clutch

I bought a clutch from one of the Eastern Advertizers on this sight that failed at the first race. The car that it was installed on is stricly a road course car. Two balance weights broke off the pressure plate and took out the starter and the ring gear on the flywheel, not to mention beating up the inside of the bell housing. The company suggested sending the pressure plate back to them and they would re-balance it and send it right back. They were informed that we needed it back by this weekend for another race. No problem they say. After a month of waiting and a few promises that it is on the way, still no clutch. Not to mention that they never said anything about replacing the broken starter or flywheel. So much for standing behind your product and doing the right thing. I'm not pissed off because the clutch failed, but because the company isn't doing the right thing IMO. I had to take a known good used clutch, flywheel, and starter and install them thursday night so we could get our friends car done for this weekend. Maybe we'll make a flower pot out of the clutch when we finally get it back. I won't mention the companies name but, I will say that I will do more research about a companies reputation before I do any business with them. Parts will fail, that's a fact. I wish this company didn't fail also!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok, we are moving this one to the Feedback section.

Quick Reply: Still no clutch