LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

I don't want to name him...but....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't want to name him...but....

Why would a well established sponsor, who has done well for me in the past, have all kinds of problems getting parts I ordered to me?

The Predator I ordered, said, "free overnight shipping". And, it did not arrive overnight. Nor did any phone call to make sure I recieved the items I ordered. (I know once vendor who does this so I guess I am spoiled). Finally I called them and they said they would have to do a tracer. Once that was finished, in about 5 - 6 days, they could ship out another Predator Programmer. I finally recieved the product last week, over a month late.

I originally suggested they forego the overnight shipping and pass on the savings to me. I wish they would have done that.

Secondly, why do they charge you credit card long before you get the parts. I wouldn't mind charging me at time of shipment, but 2, 3 even 4 weeks before is crazy. SURELY this supplier has been in business long enough that he doesn't have to use "my money"! Maybe he does, I just don't think they should do that.

In addition, I rely on the suppliers to know what products are well made and perform according to advertisement. Are they well made and are they designed well? Do they fit well? Do they install well? Do they meet performance claims? Etc. etc. etc.!

Finally, the instructions were somewhat lacking on the C6 Snake Charmer! They were adequate, but not what they should have been. I have seen much better instructions from customers! Finally, they should not send out a template that is made from two pieces of paper taped together. Go to Kinko's and get some legal size copies of the templet and send them out instead! And, suggest that we use a carving razor, the kind you buy for carving pumpkins, or a razor blade knife. When I spoke with the tech help, who was very good, he mentioned some customer used a steak knife and pierced his cooler. Wouldn't that suggest that you should "idiot proof" your instructions?

I would highly recommend that any supplier know the products they sell. If they do not have good instructions they should alert the manufacturer. WHY do I have to do that? Have they not had any problems before? I find that hard to believe. Comments made by the technical help would indicate to me that they know they have issues with their instructions.

And, I think suppliers should give their opinions on fit and finish as well. In the case of this cold intake, the filter is not recessed and the lid does not fit over the top for a complete seal! If I had known that, I would not have bought the product. Do I really want to take a chance on the intake lid geting bumped out of position and dirty air being ingested into my LS2 engine? Now I must decide whether to use it or exhange it for a better designed cold air intake system like the Lingenfelter, Blackwing or K&N.

I have found LS1tech to be the best place for novice mechanics like myself, to find products that work well and that we can install easily. In most cases, I have seen instructions by members that are far better done then those from the original company. I wonder why those companies don't pay those customers that are willing to do this, a little stippend, or a give them a credit for future use, in exchange for using their better written instructions.

Thanks to all of those great members out their who take the time to write better instructions and share them! I appreciate you guys a lot!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are not going to name the sponsor, so they can have a proper chance to respond to this issue, your thread will be locked.

Quick Reply: I don't want to name him...but....