LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

My experience with G-Force Motorsports & MTI

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience with G-Force Motorsports & MTI

Its going to be long but if you are looking for a performance shop in HOUSTON def read through it!!!

Ill start off in the best place i guess i can. I took delivery on my 2000 Blown c5 back sepetember/october and was fulling planning on getting it dyno tuned since the car was breaking up at around 4k rpms. Well i did a little bit of asking around and a few people advised me to head over to g-force since they were local.

I called G-Force up at the end of october excited to get my car in to get tuned and really be able to enjoy it. I talk to the guys over there and they tell me they can not get me in for 2 weeks, which i thought was a little strange but figured it must be the norm. I went ahead and set up an appointment for october 3 at 10am.

I went ahead and took off of work for the entire day as did a few of my close friends that wanted to go with me, we head up there and get there at 9:45 am only to find that they had a mustang on the dyno going through it. So i had an appointment and they just went ahead and bumped me with out any sort of notice and spoke about it like there was nothing wrong with the situation( strike number one ); ok i am a fairly understanding guy so i said how long? They tell me to go ahead and come back at 3pm ( thats a long *** time for tuning a car?) so i concur and come back at 2:45 pm only to be told that they will not be able to get to my car today and that i would need to set an appointment for the following week ( strike number two )

Well at this point what can i do? So i set the appointment for november 7th and called every other day to reiterate that i had an appointment on that date, everything was good to go and seemed like it was going to work itself out. Well i have my girlfriend take it up there with a friend and they get it set up on the dyno and start making pulls. Well they show that the car is hitting 16lbs of boost ( can you say kaboom? ) but they still try to make another pull to straighten it out ( i would have prefered for them to say get this thing off our dyno since 16lbs on a stock motor is asking for trouble- Strike number three ).

Well they said that i need to order a bigger pulley ( which i was very unsure about but figured hey i wasnt the one with the dyno and the performance shop so they must know what they are talking about right?, WRONG.) They said they could get the pulley and i INSISTED that it be a pulley from A&A Corvette since thats where the rest of my vortec kit came from, they went ahead and put the order in ( or so i thought ); I had to call them two days later to see if the pulley came in ( they said it was sitting right there, which i replied its from AA right? ABSOLUTLY ).

I started asking around on CorvetteForum just to make sure that i was the only one feeling iffy about ths 16lbs of boost, and i also called up Andy over at A&A ( great guy BTW ), and he told me what i figured he would; there is something wrong somewhere else as the pulley that i had on the car and the blower i had, it was not possible for the combination to make that much boost so there had to be blockage somewhere else ( why did g-force not think about that rather than say go ahead and get a bigger pulley-obviously not the right way to do it ). At this point i am getting pissed off and i ask andy if i could return the pulley that was ordered from g-force since i would not need it. Andy said he would love to refund the money however he had not recieved any sort of order from g-force or anyone from texas for that matter. ( so g-force lied to me-strike number four ) Why they think they could get away with it i do not know since the AA pulley is STAMPED ( Engraved ) to say A&A Performance.

Well i start messing with things and find out that the FLOWMASTER ( **** ) exhaust i had on the car was building back pressure and thats where the blockage was comming from, that was kind of a relief. I call g-force and let them know i found the blockage and that i was ready to go, guess what 4 day wait(strike number five )

MTI
At this point i am starting to get fed up with the entire situation and decided to call MTI, knowing they would be a little pricier but at this point willing to pay as long as i got treated half way decent. I talk to david over there and guess what, he says go ahead and bring it in tommorow morning ( couldnt make it ) so he asked me whats good for you? I was shocked and let him know the following day, i got a quote ( which was actually VERY close to the g-force price ) and let him know that i also needed to get my exhaust changed back to factory ( cant get the car up in the air high enough without a lift to get the pipes over the axle ) and he quotes me for that which at this point i was willing to pay.

Take it in to MTI ( actually one of my best friends and my girlfriend did ) and they went ahead and got the exhaust done and started on the tune. Well come to find out when g-force was trying to straighten out the power curve they actually just leaned the car out way more than they should have especially for 16lbs ( strike number six ).

I told MTI about the sixteen lbs of boost and they told me they would have insisted to get the car off the dyno after the first pull if it would have been them. Anyways they tuned the car to 511rwhp while the clutch ( actually i think the hydrolics ) were starting to give them hell. They let me know that i could go ahead and swap out the clutch and bring it back and they would put the finishing touches on the tune at no extra charge, not only that but they told me not to worry about the price of swapping the exhaust over that they would cover it. Needless to say i have never been treated better at any place of business like i was treated at MTI and i HIGHLY recomend them to anyone.

Back to g-force

Well i called up g-force and was totally calm and i let them know that i wanted a refund, which they told me they would have to get back to me tommorow to let me know if they could do that, guess what, they NEVER CALLED. (strike number seven ). So i call them back and they say ok they will and they will have to talk to the accountant and they would call me back. Guess what NO CALL. They then proceeded to tell me that they refund had been process, i waited 5 business days to give them the benefit of the doubt and no refund. I call them again and they say they will call back or it has been processed again over and over and over. I had to fight with them calling at least 3 times a week being promised a call back and getting nother until January 6th where it finally went trough.

Now i do not own my own business but in the next few years when i do i know that when you tell someone you are going to do it, you do it. You dont f^ck them around for 3 months. I would have posted this earlier however i did not trust G-Force to give me my money if i let everyone now of my experience.

Now i know there is always to sides to a story, so if they feel they have different side i would greatly appreciate them to chime in. If they feel any of this is false i will make my cell phone records public so everyne can go ahead and see for themselves.

Moral of the story, DO NOT TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO G-FORCE, GO TO MTI!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up to the top
Old 01-12-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not the forum to push things "to the top". Your thread will be in the trash where none but moderators can access it if you continue to do this.

Thank you.