LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Katech

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up Katech Resolved!!

EDIT: See last post!!

Last edited by Stang's Bane; 05-11-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

i dont see whats so bad about that. Do you know how much it actually cost to ship the parts to you? Plus they have to pay people hourly to box everything up. And boxes are expensive as craP!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Dude it was o-rings. The box they put it in weighed 20 times more than the o-rings. You could have put them in a cushioned envelope and mailed them for $2.50 tops. As far as the paying someone to pack them, it is called overhead. Like I said I wouldn't have minded if the parts were $15 and the shipping $4. The total is the same. It just didn't sit well with me, that is all.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I have kind of noticed this more and more from other people/vendors.
With the price of fuel as high as it is, all shipping companies are charging a premium for sending anything that requires a tracking number.

O-rings in a padded envelope can get lost far easier than a box, I think they erred on the side of caution to make sure you got your part(s).

Everyone is frustrated at the cost of shipping lately but there isn't much one can do about it aside from not ordering at all. Kinda sucks.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I guess I have kind of noticed this more and more from other people/vendors.
Keith
What I am talking about here is when you get a package that clearly has th eshipping price of $3-4 on it and you were charged $19.95.(this did not happen in this case, I am just saying) I have shipped alot of **** lately, and I know this could not have been more than $4 to ship. Last week I shipped a 90 mm t.b and it was $10. And I shipped it about 700 miles farther.

Last edited by Stang's Bane; 05-09-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I honestly don't know what to say, other than I am a little pissed.

I ordered some parts from them. Something you could hold in your hand. $9 worth of parts, they charged me almost $10 for shipping. The money is not the problem here. I have spent over $17,000 in parts on my car in the last 6 months. It is just the idea of how the charges occured. If the parts would have been $15 and $4 woth of shipping, I would have been happy as a lark. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know, but just the principle of the thing kinda ticked me.....
I guess I have kind of noticed this more and more from other people/vendors. and I am just disappointed in Katech, I expected something better from them.

Before anybody asks why I didn't PM Jason or call them. I DO NOT want my money back or start a pissing match, I just needed to vent.

Worst thing is I didn't even get a Katech sticker.

Keith

Keith,

My first priority is to get your parts to you in perfect condition. Getting the o-rings in a mangled envelope would have been quite a disappointment. That is the smallest box we have. US Mail envelopes have been damaged before. Please call, email or PM me and I will refund your shipping and send you some stickers.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Katech
Keith,

My first priority is to get your parts to you in perfect condition. Getting the o-rings in a mangled envelope would have been quite a disappointment. That is the smallest box we have. US Mail envelopes have been damaged before. Please call, email or PM me and I will refund your shipping and send you some stickers.
Jason,
PM sent in about 2 min.

By no means do I want a refund or am I trying to take away from the fact that Katech is in my opinion one of the top 2-3 builders in the world and you get what you pay for.

In short I would like to retract my complaints. Like I said, I was just venting. I have had a couple of real bad experiences lately with shipping, and I took it out on the wrong person. My full apologies!!!!

Keith