LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP Spare Tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GXP Spare Tire

Is there any "spare" tires that will on a GXP? Reason I ask is that I got a flat at work yesterday and had to use my brothers donut (05 GP), which fit enough to keep the car from sitting on the ground, while the tire place kept my rim overnight because they had to order the tire from another store. I don't like leaving my car outside at home let alone when it is 45 minutes away. Also, if anyone is looking to get rid of a rim that I could use as a spare please let me know.

I tried the search but nothing came up for it, so sorry for asking a question that I would have to guess has been brought up before.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

17" spare for cadillac DTS clears the brakes and works fine.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

From Club GP:

I found a solution. It's from a Bonneville GXP/Cadillac DTS. It also fits in the spare tire hole (well, sort of). Rim is 17x4, tire is a 125/70/17 Continental tire. Found it at a junk yard through www.car-part.com. I also bought a jack assembly from a 2005 grand prix. Here's a pic from a Bonne GXP. I'll try to put up some pics of the rim and how it fits in the trunk. It doesn't fully go down into the hole so there is a hump but it's not that bad. Trunk is still fully usable. Enjoy!

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4007587

Quick Reply: GXP Spare Tire