LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Here is a laugh for you

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is a laugh for you

Ok guys well yesterday i hooked up the sub in the car. You can a call me a jackass haha which i was calling myself yesterday anyway, but here is what happened. I stuck a long screw driver through the grommet hole in the passenger side floorboard for the amp wire to kinda loosen it up so the wire can pass through. Did it and it went through very easy. Completed the set up and done. Well i went to go pick up my Gf and im getting the burned out turn signal warning.. I pulled over and saw the front right bulb was out. no biggie. I get to her house and when i lock the car, the bulb lights up. I had to investigate. Found out the parking lights work but the flasher in the bulb doesnt. Figured the flasher went but i tested it by taking it out and putting it in on the other side and it WORKED! i got so mad b/c i knew i somehow created a short and i needed to find it b/c the dealer would charge a crap load to fix it.

I get in the car and i also see my interior lights arent working either. WTF. I immediatly went to the gromment hole where the entire car harness is going through and pulled the top gromment out and what do you know, 1 wire was complete cut and 3 wires were shaved, no jacket on the one side. Im guessing when i stuck the screw driver in it cut the tape and wires.. Well i was able to tape up the wires with the jackets cut up, but i had to solder the completely cut off one. Butt splice was out of the question since it i had half of inch of wire to work with. Let me tell you how much of a pain in the *** it was working in such a cramed area.

So i fixed the cable and the interor lights and right front turn signal was still not working. I next went to fuses and i pulled the interior light fuse and saw it was blown, i replaced it and it fixed the turn signal as well.. I dont get why one turn signal is tied into the inteior light fuse...

So in conclusion to all future sub installers, DONT STICK A SCREW DRIVER IN THERE! or be very careful. I could of made it worst
Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, At least you were smart enough to trace your steps. and fix it
Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** happends, at least ya got it fixed!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

not as bad as when my buddy that doesn't know much about cars tried to install his headunit, and his electric windows started going down by themselves.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

^^^^ That is PHENOMENAL lol