LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Electrical Gremlin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Gremlin?

'08 GXP, 26K mi.

So this morning I went to remote start my car to get some a/c flowing and I heard the starter engage, car didn't start and the alarm went off. I disabled the alarm with the fob and went outside and tried to start the car with the key. It sounded like the starter would engage about halfway and quit and then the horn would beep once. No messages on the DIC.

I tried to start it a few more times and it did the same thing. After this I popped the hood and opened the trunk to get my tools & disconnect battery. Tried to start it again before I disconnected the battery and it did the same thing, except now all warning lights were on and the DIC said something like "parking lamps on" or some ****.

So I turned the light switch to the parking lights setting and then back down to auto, tried the ignition again and the car started right up.

So I drove it around for a bit, went to gas station to get smokes and coffee, started right up, drove to work and tried it a few more times...starts right up.

WTF do you guys think happened? Attempted theft? Like I said, the DIC didn't say anything until about the 5th time I tried to start it and it was just the "parking lamps on" or something, no "remote start disabled" or "attempted theft" or anything.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Same BS happened yesterday and now today, today can't get it started so it just got loaded on a tow truck to the dealer!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow thats weird.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Just an update if anyone cares...dealership said battery was shot, replaced under warranty