LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Battery issue w 2008 GXP (still)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery issue w 2008 GXP (still)

Here we go again....

For those of you who didn't see my post six weeks ago, please refer to this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...-2008-gxp.html

Exactly six weeks after the last incident, my wife tries to go to her doctor appointment only to find that the GXP will not start again; battery not completely dead, just not enough juice to turn it over.....car was last driven three days ago.

This time the dealership has car towed in the hope that whatever is causing the parasitic draw is still happening since they couldn't find any excessive draw when they had it the last time.

And there's an interesting new development.......even though the car has been driven plenty of times in the past six weeks, the odometer is showing the same mileage it had six weeks ago (rarely ever look at odometer...usually monitoring MPG and tranny temps).

On the up side though, I spoke with the GM of the dealership (he's personally sold me my last 3 cars) and he lead me back to the service manager's office where he proceeded to say that I'm a valuable long-time customer and they NEED to figure out what the hell is wrong with the car. As I was leaving, he says "Don't worry, we'll get it squared away, and if not, just trade it in and we'll get you into a G8". When I told him that getting me into a G8 for what I'm currently paying every month would take a miracle, he said "Anything is possible".
Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Launching!

*crosses fingurs* G8!! G8!! G8!!! lets hope u get a G8! My biggest issue with my battery is my terminals. they keep doing the mushroom buildup. Ive brought it in like 3 times. they said its the battery. swapped it out and it keeps doing it. so now i just clean it off every couple weeks. done leaving my car at the dealership 3 times a month.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucsk. Poor some warm water bakin soda mix on the terminals.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

those delco batteries are crap! Mine was replaced under warranty twice for corrosion, and leaking acid at the posts. My car would not start sometimes too. Finally said **** it and bought an optima battery. No issues since.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texasGXP08
those delco batteries are crap! Mine was replaced under warranty twice for corrosion, and leaking acid at the posts. My car would not start sometimes too. Finally said **** it and bought an optima battery. No issues since.
If they don't find the problem this time, I'm going to ask them to replace the battery with an Optima. Which one did you use?

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'm going to yell lemon and tell GM they need to give me some $$. Then I'll trade it in on a G8 GT.