LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Is it about to go or what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it about to go or what?

My buddy has a 07 Impala and he has had it for about 2 years now. It has 44,xxx on it. It has ran fine but the last 3 months, like once a month when he goes to take off it's like the tranny is slipping. It will take off fine but at about 10mph it feels like the trans is not doing anything. Just wondering if the transmisson is going or what because it doesn't do it all the time and doesn't do it often and it only does it at about that speed from taking off.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Could be, I just had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago @ about 56k miles. He should take it in and have them service it.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Could be, I just had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago @ about 56k miles. He should take it in and have them service it.
Mine was doing that and the dealership said Id be needing a new one soon and that it was from pushing it so hard, topping out the car and too many hard take offs, I lucked out though. They accidently put drive trainfluid in the transmision. Idiots. Argued with them for about a day and a half. They replaced it with a brand new one. =)