LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Going to the dealer for warranty work..anything I should have them check?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Going to the dealer for warranty work..anything I should have them check?

Ok first thing is is I got a few things that I need replaced on my car that are covered under warranty.
My bulbs are blown in a few places. And there is a dronned bumping sound commming from the front end. Nothing like a ISS clunk. but sounds like something is loose. I want this done before the 3yr bumper to bumper is gone.

So now..What areas should I say I need looked at?
It is a 2007 GXP

I know about the power steering recall and was wondering if there was something online I can print out to show the dealer.
I really like to have everything printed out and written down of what I want looked at so they are not looking at me like WTF is he trying to explain..leakes or anything? Or other recalls?

and I am posting this on a few Pontiac boards so if you see it on those boards..input there would be helped??

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know if the gxps have this problem but my remote start range is non existent. i know there was a tsb on that.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Might want to make sure the wiper cowl on the passenger side of the windshield isn't horribly wrinkled letting water drip in your cabin air filter and whatever else is down there. I had my wrinkled cowl replaced on warranty, but I had to pay for the cabin air filter being changed.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks forgot about the cowl
Old 03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Roll up with the cut out open
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
Thanks forgot about the cowl
Better tell them to show you the cabin air filter before they replace it. I remember it being surprisingly expensive. I was annoyed when I was told "it was a little dirty, so we went ahead and replaced it". I think I was charged $40+