LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Service Vehicle Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Vehicle Soon!!

So I was on my way home from school today when this light came on. It came on when I was stopped at a red light, and it went off when the light turned green . I have not put gas in it since last Friday, and I recently put a MF exhaust on, along with a K&N intake. Any thoughts on what this could be? It's probably nothing but I'm paranoid like that LOL.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

If it threw a code during that time, it should be stored in the memory and you could retrieve it at Autozone (or yourself if you have a scanner). That would be about the only way to figure out if it was a possible brainfart on the part of the computer or something going awry.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright I'll go there in a bit, thx a lot. It has been raining the past two days so maybe something got wet (possibly).
Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine just came on the other day as well (2006 GXP). Took it in yesterday and the mechanic said it was because I had a couple of bulbs out (one front turn signal and one rear marker). Not sure but this didn't make alot of sense to me. The light had been on consistantly for 2 days until he changed the bulbs. The light went out but came back on on the way home. Go figure.

Not sure if they can scan it or reset but I read somewhere that these lights will reset themselves after a certain amount of cycles if the problem is fixed. Which I'm assuming is starting the vehicle.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just went to autozone. They scanned my car and no codes popped up. The light never came back on either. Was probably just a "brainfart".
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It just came on again (as I was at a red light), and it went off again (about 10 seconds later). So I have no clue what's going on. I put gas in it after the second time it happened, so if it was the gas cap it should be corrected now.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

You may have to go to a dealer for this issue. Thier scanner may be able to retrieve past codes.

Quick Reply: Service Vehicle Soon!!