LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Running lean??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running lean??

Ok guys I've posted about this before and I was just reading the thread of the new era tune and didn't want to thread hijack. For the guys that haven't read it I will repeat parts as it said that our cars run lean form factory with knock retard? It also said that with a cai and untuned that it could make it run even more lean. well that is what I have done cai and untuned. As some may know from my previous threads I keep getting the to lean bank 1 code every once and awhile. My question is should I take the cai off and put the stocker back in till i get tuned? Also could it be running lean enough to have the service vehicle soon come on the D.I.C? As that comes on at different times while driving and no one that has looked at the car can figure out why?
Sorry its long guys but I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks Brandyn
Old 11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
Ok guys I've posted about this before and I was just reading the thread of the new era tune and didn't want to thread hijack. For the guys that haven't read it I will repeat parts as it said that our cars run lean form factory with knock retard? It also said that with a cai and untuned that it could make it run even more lean. well that is what I have done cai and untuned. As some may know from my previous threads I keep getting the to lean bank 1 code every once and awhile. My question is should I take the cai off and put the stocker back in till i get tuned? Also could it be running lean enough to have the service vehicle soon come on the D.I.C? As that comes on at different times while driving and no one that has looked at the car can figure out why?
Sorry its long guys but I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks Brandyn
It would make sense to me if it codes when you under throttle/or a idle after running for a while. The stock tune is not equipped to handle the extra air flow so it will code when the MAF can't compensate for the extra air flow (due to the stock program). My 2 cents is to buy the canned tune from vector and pitch the $20.00 extra beans for the stealth option. It makes sure the vin program number doesn't change with the new software. This is important because when a G.M. tech plugs you car in the first thing that comes up is the program number on the ecm. If the number doesn't match the cars vin its a dead give away the stock tune has been fucked with (bye bye warranty). I've have this option with my dyno tune from vector and been to the dealer a few times for warranty work. Never said anything to me about the car having a tune. I don't think that trick vector does is perfect, but most techs prob. have better things to do in their day then check each car that comes in for a tune. So if it doesn't show a immediate red flag (like the numbers not matching) you should be in the clear with your warranty and fix the kr problem.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only have a warranty on my transmission which is from jasper so I don't know how they will be about a tune?

Edit: thank you for the help
Old 11-11-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hawkins04, The tranny has its own computer and it will not be of any harm to it.

You have an 06 there is no reason you cant be dailing in your tune your self...
I recommend a Trinity because you can carry it forward for years and for many vehicals, you can return the tune to stock tune at anytime, monitor, log, troubleshoot, get a Diablew tune! and so on. You can do it cheaper with a Predator but they are soon to be obsolete.
You are correct running lean can cost you ... big time
Old 11-11-2010, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

i meant I don't know how they will be with the tune as they might say the tune caused the trans to fail if you know what I mean? How much does the trinity cost with a Lew tune?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Lew's the man love my tune
Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have only heard but good things about his tune
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
i meant I don't know how they will be with the tune as they might say the tune caused the trans to fail if you know what I mean? How much does the trinity cost with a Lew tune?
You simply return the original backup of your car / to your car and they cannot ever prove that you had it altered. If they say there is no codes in your PCM just act stupid and say " I have no clue to what you are talking about" and stick to it.

Your prices are much cheaper than ours, you would have to check in the great USofA... maybe http://www.klassedirect.com/

As for the DiabLew Tune: http://www.dslogredux.com/DiabLew_Tune/
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm a newbie to the tuning part I'm guessing I can just connect it to the obd2 port and go from there? So I could just take the tune off and there is no way of knowing i ever had it done? I really appreciate the help
Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your welcome and anytime!
Here is a link about the Trinity and there are videolinks and stuff on the lower right of the page... http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151 and if you goto the top and select fourms you can get all the info and assistance you need.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok thanks this is a big help
Old 11-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Default 2007 Impala SS Tunes

I see you guys talking about tuners, but in my seach, I cannot seem to find any for my 07 Impala, Does anyone have any recommendations??
Old 11-26-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by killian322
I see you guys talking about tuners, but in my seach, I cannot seem to find any for my 07 Impala, Does anyone have any recommendations??
superchips, trifecta,and hptuners are you hand hand held , send away, and laptop options for an 07
Old 11-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Your welcome and anytime!
Here is a link about the Trinity and there are videolinks and stuff on the lower right of the page... http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151 and if you goto the top and select fourms you can get all the info and assistance you need.
i watched the videos about the trinity simply because im bored at work ... but man these guys are like zombies ...

do companies think, "hey, were making videos for car guys and they are boring, simple, autistic-like people who cant comprehend changes in tone and vocal variety?"

Quick Reply: Running lean??