LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dual Climate zone issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Climate zone issue

This just began last Friday. I start up the car ( doesn't matter if its auto-start or manual start). Turn the heat on and the driver side with not blow out heat only cold, while the passenger side is blowing heat out fine! It does this on every setting. No my A/C isn't on, yes If moved all the switches in every position, and yes I even started and shut down multiple times. I looked in the owners manual at the fuze locations and there isn't one for the climate control! Somebody point me in the right direction before I have to take it to the local Chevy Stealers.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

warranty? sounds like its the heater controlls to me.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2005gxp
warranty? sounds like its the heater controlls to me.
yea maybe replace the climate controls
Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

07 still has warranty for sure, but its the drivetrain warranty and id be willing to bet money that the drivetrain does not include any sort of climate controls

my old mans explorer had this problem, but thats a ford and an SUV and a POS

its strange that the temperature will vary, could be the actual dual zone control or some kind of relay meant to open or close the ducting somewhere in the car

time to go hunt a junkyard man
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cajunduby's ss
This just began last Friday. I start up the car ( doesn't matter if its auto-start or manual start). Turn the heat on and the driver side with not blow out heat only cold, while the passenger side is blowing heat out fine! It does this on every setting. No my A/C isn't on, yes If moved all the switches in every position, and yes I even started and shut down multiple times. I looked in the owners manual at the fuze locations and there isn't one for the climate control! Somebody point me in the right direction before I have to take it to the local Chevy Stealers.
The mode door for the drivers side is on the left side of the HVAC box. It'd be a good idea to see if it's moving when you swich from heat to cold. More than likely it's the mode door failing, or your control that's failing.

Sideways LS4 has a video of him replacing his mode door. Just a thought if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys for fast reply! I'm gonna take a look at the door and pull the controls out and look the connections. I got in it to go to the store earlier and I got heat on both sides. Starting to seem like loose connection or a faulty relay.