LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS1/LS2/LS6 intake swap Sticky!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltybreadstick
Will an ls2 throttle body bolt onto an ls6 intake manifold? I currently have an ls1 manifold with an adapter for an ls2 TB and just got myself an ls6 manifold for 150 bucks. So im going to be using the ls6 manifold instead of the 1.
I don't believe it will, I think the LS1/6 use the same 3 bolt TB where the LS2 is the 4 bolt. If that is like that, you should visually be able to see that is will or will not bolt up.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

I have the ls1 to ls2 TB. So if the ls6 and 1 use the same bolt pattern i should be able to just transfer the throttle body adapter over
Old 01-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Question some questions, and a little confused with some things...

First off, thanks to everyone involved in doing this thread and project, for making it possible for others like myself to get more out of our stock LS4's. Kudos to you all for the work and this tutorial.

However, it does start to get a little confusing in some spots... particularly the area of talking about whih MAF's are being used... i have spoken to a few guys - don't know if they are members on here or not - and they have recommended using the LS7 MAF... I do have a few questions regarding this whole project, and want to make sure i know exactly what to get, and where to get it, as well as clear up any confusion to this...

First off, let me ask about the throttle body adaptor... i plan on using the LS6 IM, injectors and fuel rails with the LS2 TB. I know that i need the adaptor for it, but i didn't see anywhere in here where this adaptor could be bought or obtained from... So this is question #1: where do i vet this TB adapotor from?

Question #2: where can the EV1 to EV6 injector adaptors be bought from???

Question #3a: Regarding the MAF, is the LS7 MAF the one i want to go with and use, or is there a different one?

3B: If using the LS7 MAF, is there any special harness adaptor needed for it? I do notice that the stock LS4 connector and the LS7 MAF are both a 5-pin connector, so i was curious of this...

I am sure i will have more questions as things move forward with this, but i am in the research phase - as well as planning and gathering funds phase for this. Thanks again for this awesome thread, and hope to have these questions answered and some confusion cleared up!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LazerBlue07SS
First off, let me ask about the throttle body adaptor... i plan on using the LS6 IM, injectors and fuel rails with the LS2 TB. I know that i need the adaptor for it, but i didn't see anywhere in here where this adaptor could be bought or obtained from... So this is question #1: where do i vet this TB adapotor from?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifold-Adapter-Plate-For-92MM-THROTTLE-BODY-GM-GEN-III-LS1-LS2-LS6-LSX-LS4-/231437917757?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e2c65e3d&vxp=mtr
Old 02-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Teching In

So i found out that i can use the stock LS4 MAF connector and just re-arrange the pins for use on rhe LS7 MAF. But i would still like to know about the injector adapters and where i can find those at...

i would also like the insight of how to use the LS6 TB with the stock LS4 wirirg... i have an LS6 IM, fuel rails and injectors lined up and coming soon, and would need to know the how-to for the LS6 TB...
Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LazerBlue07SS
So i found out that i can use the stock LS4 MAF connector and just re-arrange the pins for use on rhe LS7 MAF. But i would still like to know about the injector adapters and where i can find those at... i would also like the insight of how to use the LS6 TB with the stock LS4 wirirg... i have an LS6 IM, fuel rails and injectors lined up and coming soon, and would need to know the how-to for the LS6 TB...
If you have an 07+ I'd recommend getting injector height adapters and reusing your stock injectors on the LS6 rail as opposed to switching to the LS6 injectors. Flow rate is almost identical however the LS6 injectors are a lot more difficult to tune on the newer ECMs. Secondly I'd keep the LS4 TB and buy the TB adapter. Then you'd be set up for header clearance in the future as well.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts right now:

So detail, many informative, much sense.

FYI, I found out AFTER I ordered the map extension harness that it won't work for 07+.
Also based on the wording in the OP, my hose fittings were ordered backwards. Meaning I have a 3/8 and 1/2 NPT going to 1/4 hoses... Kind of throws you for a loop when the link to the fittings posted in this thread opens up, and the dimensions are *** backwards than the ones you should be ordering.

/rant
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread is in major need of some editing.

92, the only hose sizes you need are 1/2 inch for the brake booster the other 2 are 3/8 barbed fittings. One for the evap and rear pcv line
Old 02-13-2015, 05:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91parkave
This thread is in major need of some editing.

92, the only hose sizes you need are 1/2 inch for the brake booster the other 2 are 3/8 barbed fittings. One for the evap and rear pcv line
Yep but evap I don't have to do anything with, because I'm using the stock ls4 tb. So I'm moving my brake booster fitting to the front of the intake (1/2) hose, moving my pcv fitting to the other side of the intake (3/8) hose, and leaving my evap alone to plug into my stock throttle body.

Is what I said correct??
Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Yep but evap I don't have to do anything with, because I'm using the stock ls4 tb. So I'm moving my brake booster fitting to the front of the intake (1/2) hose, moving my pcv fitting to the other side of the intake (3/8) hose, and leaving my evap alone to plug into my stock throttle body. Is what I said correct??
That's what my setup looked like when I had the LS6 intake.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lVloses
If you have an 07+ I'd recommend getting injector height adapters and reusing your stock injectors on the LS6 rail as opposed to switching to the LS6 injectors. Flow rate is almost identical however the LS6 injectors are a lot more difficult to tune on the newer ECMs. Secondly I'd keep the LS4 TB and buy the TB adapter. Then you'd be set up for header clearance in the future as well.

Awesome, thanks man! I just saw your pic of the FAST intake on your car, and was going to ask you about that. I am interested in how that was to mount up as well. But i think for right now, i am going to be more than happy with the LS6 intake and exhaust set-up.

So to elaborate further on the LS6 IM with the LS4 TB, where can i find them injector height adaptors at? And would you still recommend getting and using the LS7 MAF with this set-up?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Teching In

I need to build me one for my LS4. I need to do the swap but this thread got me so confused. One saying to do it this way another saying to do it another way. I have an 2008 Impala ss.....so where should I go?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Teching In

after reading this i am even more confused, so is all this necessary in an F-BODY application ?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taws6ali
after reading this i am even more confused, so is all this necessary in an F-BODY application ?
why would you put an LS4 in an fbody? lol

Quick Reply: LS1/LS2/LS6 intake swap Sticky!!!