LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Getting U0001 Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Getting U0001 Code

Hey guys, Im getting a U0001 Code which is High Speed Can Comm Bus. Anybody have this before or can tell me any more about it.
Car ran shitty yesterday and all indications was pointing at the tranny or tc. At low speed in 1st it would kind of chug like if your in a manual trans and dont push in the clutch when coming to a stop.
Had to pop it into neutral. TC on its way out ??
Old 05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That "U" means it is a communication error. Each module on the car needs to talk to one another in order to provide the great drive-ability that the public expects.

When that "U0001" code exists, it means the module can't talk to each other. When this happens the modules are smart enough to know and depending on the module certain things happen. ABS won't function if it can't communicate, depending on manufacturer most transmissions will go into direct drive i.e. 3rd gear. This way you aren't stuck in first and revving the motor to drive 45mph, and you can still take off from a stop even if it takes a little longer. Its a fail safe, no worries. But an issue still exists.

Check the OBD II connector for corrosion in the high speed CAN bus terminal, terminal #6. If your looking straight at the connector, count six over from the top left.

I've seen corrosion in the connector (doesn't take much), the wires pulled out of the back, loose connections.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks very much, it does help and maybe makes sense for what I was doing. I had bought the Trinity and it was the first time plugged into the obd2 port. Maybe I pulled out a wire as you say.

I just didn't figure the problem could be related to it.

With all the tyranny issues I figured it was done.

The gxp has been parked since it happened and I'll take a look at it next week.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Getting U0001 Code