LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

How long 4 sensors to come online ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long 4 sensors to come online ??

Had my 07 Monte SS stored for the winter, put it on the road and got a P0402 (Cat ineffeciency) code (I have a catted Hogan down pipe) within a short period of time. I used my Superchips Cortex tuner to clear the code. I also used the Cortex to return the car to "Stock" tune. I went to get car inspected at a friend's garage,(NY State) the next day and was told it could not pass as 3 of the sensor systems were off line. Owner asked if battery was disconnected. He stated it needed to drive 75-100 miles before sensors would come back online. I drove the car a few days and after about 250 miles, wouldn't you know it would throw the same code again!!! Damn! I cleared the code again and was able to drive about 150 miles before bringing the car back to be inspected again, it still had two sensors offline , the cat and evap systems.
Today I replaced the O2 sensor with a new Bosch Premium unit and replaced my rusty "O2 simulator" ( 2 spark plug antifoulers screwed together between the O2 sensor and pipe)
Does anyone know how many miles or how long or what parameters need to be met before all the sensor systems turn back on and I can get it inspected? I now have just over 300 miles since last clearing a the P0402 code.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know????