LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

TB adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TB adapter

i had asked for some dimensions for throttle bodies for a LS1 and a LS4 for something i had an idea for. I hadnt gotten much response on it, but a few have PM'd me and are trying to help me out. So on a whim i decided to create what i had in mind with rough dimensions that i knew already. its to adapt a LS4 throttle body to a LS1/6 intake. I am planning on doing the swap at some point, and for me this is way for me to do it cheaper (by designing and making it on my own). If you guys have any real dimensions you can get me, id appreciate it as id like to get the real drawing done and model made for testing. Also i think ill be able to add all the factory style connectors to it so you wont have to drill/tap the intake. Just in the beginning stages of this right now, but will update as i can.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

That is BA... What material are you going to use? Are you able to include a deflection that eliminates the need for the OPSU modification?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

It will be a ABS plastic material. From what I understand the need for the sensor modification is on the intake side, the neck hangs over it.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

You're right. I'm at work and wasn't thinking. Had my fingers crossed... Looks good.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

But something else I have in mind would eliminate modifying just the sensor if it were to work that is.