LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

torque specs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default torque specs?

what are the torque specs for the vlom tray? and is there a particular order for torquing them or just start from the center and clockwise heading outward?

will also have a vlom tray and a ls4 intake for sale next week pm me if interested
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Haynes Repair Manual for Impala / Monte Carlo says that VLOM Assembly Mounting Bolts should be torqued to 18 foot / pounds.

It does not mention a specific tightening pattern, but I would probably tighten them like I tighten lug nuts (i.e. opposite bolts in sequence) or cylinder heads (like you said, starting from the inside and working out).

Wes

Last edited by wesdean78; 09-23-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

very nice, any last words of advice. swapping them out in the am. should not be too bad but all of my motors i have experience with are sbc's and poncho's for the most part
Old 09-23-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fml, we have been put on hold, I guess the vally tray I have is not compatable there is a oil port on the back side and I don't know if it will clear when I plug the damn thing, not wanting to tear it all down just to put it together to go home
Old 09-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
Fml, we have been put on hold, I guess the vally tray I have is not compatable there is a oil port on the back side and I don't know if it will clear when I plug the damn thing, not wanting to tear it all down just to put it together to go home
Somebody (DavidGXP?) recently posted this on gmls4.com and it may be relevant to your situation..

http://store.katechengines.com/modif...take-p149.aspx

Wes
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wish that was the issue, there is a oil feed on the bottom of the tray i bought that needs to be pluged, the issue is where it bolts to the motor is self, not the intake. thats what leads me to belive that not all of them car "one size fits all". i will cheap out and buy a new used one if my foot ball bet falls thought this weekend. if it wins i will just pay my builder to do the swap to save down time as i only have one car
Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
i wish that was the issue, there is a oil feed on the bottom of the tray i bought that needs to be pluged, the issue is where it bolts to the motor is self, not the intake. thats what leads me to belive that not all of them car "one size fits all". i will cheap out and buy a new used one if my foot ball bet falls thought this weekend. if it wins i will just pay my builder to do the swap to save down time as i only have one car
Gotcha. I'm sorry I misunderstood the nature of the problem.

I am, however, interested to see how this project works out for you.

Good luck with your bet. I hope you're not betting on the Bills winning against New England... (sorry to all of the Bills fans out there!)

Wes

Quick Reply: torque specs?