LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Transmission Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Transmission Clicking Noise

Looking for some Insight on an issue im having with my 08 GXP.

I hear a clicking noise similar to what a cv / halfshaft sounds like when going bad. I only hear this noise in 3rd or 4th gear though. Usually only 3rd gear while city driving at any mph. I pinpointed it to transmission with tap shift and the noise seems to be getting louder. My car has muffler delete so its a bit hard to hear but I can confirm it does not do it in 1st or 2nd gear. The noise does not come and go. If im in 3rd, it stays there. I also belive I can hear it in 4th but its difficult to tell.

Im at 53k miles and my fluid level is fine. Transmission shifts fine. Whats going on here?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Teching In

I have the same exact issue. Gonna bring it in in a week or two to get it looked at, asked to take the tech on a ride so they know what I'm talking about. It has something to do with the DOD. I thought it was trans related as well until I got my E-cutout and heard the exhaust note drastically change when the noise started. DOD kicks in in 3rd and 4th gear while cruising or under slight load, which is exactly when the noise starts. Also goes away in neutral.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Have you had it looked at yet
?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Well obviously the solution is to delete DOD.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Go check out G8Fourm. Its probably your flywheel. A few people had the same noise you did and it drive them crazy until the disconnected engine and trans. I think they said something about the bolts holding the flywheel on didnt have any loc-tight from the factory, which they should of.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Sorry, been busy with work and getting my other car running. Haven't had it looked at yet. I will probably make an appointment for towards the end of this month. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: Transmission Clicking Noise