LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Yes, our trannys suck, and yes, we have annoyances like clunky ISS's and crappy wheel hubs. But you can't even come back and say a Chrysler product -- ANY Chrysler product is more reliable than an LS4 car. Having owned a recent a Chrysler, I can down the list of problems that would make an LS4 owner think he owns a Toyota by comparison: Clutch problems, oil leaks, tire wear, and above all electrical bullsh*t tells me that your vaunted Chrysler is worse built than even an 80's GM car.

As far as being better performance platform, the only part I'll agree with is that the LX cars are RWD. But they're also two-ton pigs, and I've pimp-slapped several Charger RT's and 300 C's in my "so-so" performing Impala. I even put half a car on a 300 SRT-8, so don't diss the forward power of the LS4.

One last thing...I absolutely murdered a 392 Challenger on the freeway a couple of weeks ago in my Camaro. I wasn't spraying, either. I had to laugh that a nearly $50,000 "flagship" pony car couldn't even stay with a 10 year-old F-body with $2800 in mods. And I paid $6000 for the car last October.

Chrysler is overrated and still sucks.
There is a reason the LX cars are over the 2 ton mark. They are.waaaay more roomy than any GM sedan let alone the LS4 cars. When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had. I am 6' 7" and no one could sit behind me in my GP let alone trying to get a car seat in there. When driving the Charger I didn't even need to have the driver seat all the way back to drive comfortably and my 6' 4" brother sitting behind me didn't even have his knees touching the back of my seat. When it comes to the only thing the LS4 is good at (interior size), the LX cars blow them out of the water.

I will agree with you that the 5.7 Hemi cars have trouble stock for stock with the LS4 cars (with a decent driver), then add to the fact that you are modded, it isn't much of an accomplishment to beat one. I didn't mod my GXP very heavily due to being worried about having tranny problems in my family car, but the best I could manage at the track was 14.7 (at +6000 DA, w/ a 2.1 60' so it wasn't because I couldn't drive..), I had Hogan downpipe with a high flow cat, and custom cat back exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. My wife ran our 2011 300c two weeks ago at the same track with similar conditions and ran a 15.02. Not too far off considering the 300 is bone stock.

The SRT8 car must have been stock with a bad driver. No way you should have pulled a well driven 6.1 car.

Lastly, congrats on beating a stock new muscle car (that doesn't even have tuning available yet) in your MODDED F-Body. But here is a little reality check for you. No matter what you do to your car, at the end of the day it will still be a 10 year old F-Body that is only worth $6000.

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
the first smart thing youve said is that you made a mistake coming in here and giving your opinion. lets talk about fact and opinion before you go. opinion= ls4 cars suck because they fill too many niches and blah blah blah. thats your opinion you have yet to prove it as a fact. opinion=youre a ******* douche bag. thats my opinion not necessarily a fact, but both of these things can be offensive to the person theyre talking about. facts on the other hand are not so offensive, and can be proven. fact=the ls4 cars were the most affordable luxury sport sedans at the time they were new. fact= they were/are 13 second cars that had tons of space, headroom, legroom, got good fuel mileage, looked good, and handled well. fact=some ls4 cars have transmission issues(mine doesnt and ive driven it like i stole it for the last 5 years). fact=this thread has been jacked and all of this could have been avoided by not being a ******* ********, and just congratulating the op on his car. fact=opinions are great and being able to express it is whats wonderful about forums and america, but theres a time and place for everything and expressing ones dislike for a ls4 car in a thread about a charger isnt the time, nor is it the place for it. with that said if youd like to keep debating with me over two cars that you dont own you can feel free to pm me. i love debate, but you gotta bring facts not opinions.

op my apologies for the thread jack. post some more pics and a smoke show video.
Are you really getting offended about someone expressing their opinions about the same type of car as yours? How old are you? I agree that debating is fun, but try to leave your emotions out of it so they don't end up getting hurt. It's the damn internet. Don't get offended. LMAO

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
There are so many factors that go into how that car will perform at race time. Driver is just one of them. Track temp, ambient temp, exc will all affect the times. I could run a 14 flat here and a 13.5 somewhere else with no changes. Of course, I'm sure you knew that...
I agree 100%. DA is also a big contributing factor as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28

I will agree with you that the 5.7 Hemi cars have trouble stock for stock with the LS4 cars (with a decent driver), then add to the fact that you are modded, it isn't much of an accomplishment to beat one. I didn't mod my GXP very heavily due to being worried about having tranny problems in my family car, but the best I could manage at the track was 14.7 (at +6000 DA, w/ a 2.1 60' so it wasn't because I couldn't drive..), I had Hogan downpipe with a high flow cat, and custom cat back exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. My wife ran our 2011 300c two weeks ago at the same track with similar conditions and ran a 15.02. Not too far off considering the 300 is bone stock.

The SRT8 car must have been stock with a bad driver. No way you should have pulled a well driven 6.1 car.

Lastly, congrats on beating a stock new muscle car (that doesn't even have tuning available yet) in your MODDED F-Body. But here is a little reality check for you. No matter what you do to your car, at the end of the day it will still be a 10 year old F-Body that is only worth $6000.
I think you missed my point on the Challenger: It's pretty sad to me that the highly-hyped 392 at nearly $50,000 and supposedly running low-12's couldn't beat a car with a smaller motor, less torque and a lot more miles and costing about $40,000 less.

And yes, at the end of the day, it's still a 10-year old F-Body, and I'd rather have that any Chrysler product, which by the way, probably only has a 50/50 chance of even still being on the road in 10 years. And don't even get me started on the Challenger's awkward styling and (up until 2012) low rent interior.

I tried Mopar...Twice. It sucked, and I'm not going back.

Last edited by LS1 Racing; 08-20-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Edited to remove credit to jay z28 since he can't tell the difference between an inline 4 and a V6.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had
Oopsy...You just lost a ton of credibility here. There is not, nor has there ever been a 4-cylinder LX car.

If you're going to jock something non-GM here, you'd better have at least a vague idea of what could be under the hood.

Epic fail for you.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a reason the LX cars are over the 2 ton mark. They are.waaaay more roomy than any GM sedan let alone the LS4 cars. When my GXP was in the body shop after some idiot pulled out in from of me I got a 4cyl bottom of the line Charger as a rental and was AMAZED at how much room I had.

I didnt realize that they came with 4 cylinders.

Must have been. theyre unbeatable. they are a powerhouse.

Are you really getting offended about someone expressing their opinions about the same type of car as yours? How old are you? I agree that debating is fun, but try to leave your emotions out of it so they don't end up getting hurt. It's the damn internet. Don't get offended. LMAO
I think you failed to see the point of my demonstration about opinions and facts, and i should probably straighten out a few things for you(that way youll know the facts). First off im far from offended. i was making a point about how absurd it is for someone who doesnt own the car the sub section of the forum is dedicated to, nor the car the thread is about to give there unwanted opinions(you seeing an on going trend here?). personally i can care less what you or anyone thinks of my daily driver. second it was my opinion that that guy was a douche bag, its your opinion that im immature, but at the end of the day no one asked you to give your opinion(no one asked for mine either, but since theres nothing but opinions being thrown around here why not.) thirdly theres a time and a place for everything and im sure the op didnt start this thread for you to attempt to educate me on being an adult. with that being said why dont you and the other guy take your two cents on over to a mopar forum since neither one of you own a ls4(or a charger for that matter). you have nothing of value to say, and more importantly nothing anyone wants to waste there time reading. both of you can feel free to pm to continue this since we are still jacking the ops thread to debate something that concerns neither of you.

oh and dont for get to congratulate the op! OP WHERES THE SMOKE!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian396
My turn at a rebuttal, granted I'm not as good as MonteMan. But anyway here it goes...

**** off.
lol. thanks. its easy with these fools.

oh and get it right, if youre going to offend someone you have to say with all do respect before hand. it takes some of the sting out of it.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

MonteMan, you're right. We keep jacking the OPs thread, and this debate has nothing to do with him.

I started a thread over on gmls4.com to continue this uncensored. Here's the link: http://www.gmls4.com/index.php/topic,1785.new.html#new

If you Chrysler-humping trolls want to keep the debate going, I'll see you over there.

To the OP, enjoy your car.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i forgot my password over there.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Let me see what I can do...
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

PM sent!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Wow, my bad. I made a mistake on how many cylinders the Charger had. All I knew was it was gutless. Either way I was only trying to get to the point that they have a lot more room than the LS4 cars. It's funny that was the best thing either of you could come up with to retort with.

I have owned a LS4 car so I do have some experience that I can relate to.

And I'm not registered on that website so I won't being going on there to debate more opinions with you.

To the OP-- Congrats on the new car! You'll enjoy the roomier, more reliable car with a better aftermarket far more than the dumb wrong wheel platform of the LS4 car.

Is that better fan bois?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol @ the amount of emotion and ricer logic in this thread. Seriously sounds like some emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes...

On a serious note to everyone from the other sections of this website (hell, the entire internet!):

I know most of us already knew this, but damn! don't say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as negative towards the almighty bullet proof rocketship LS4 cars on this corner of the internetz. You will be "proven wrong" with street racing stories, friend of a friend testimonials, the never-failing "10 year old car vs new car" bang for the buck ricer logic, and road and track 1/4 mile times. These cars always beat LT1's, SRT8's, GTO's, Mustangs, and I heard mike's brother's room-mate put 3 lengths on a Lambo...they're truely on a tier of performance over here that most car enthusiats will probably never will be on. Don't try to understand, because you can't, because if you don't own an LS4, you're simply not awesome enough to get what speed is all about...and of course, I say that with all due respect (which is none).
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Lol @ the amount of emotion and ricer logic in this thread. Seriously sounds like some emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes...

On a serious note to everyone from the other sections of this website (hell, the entire internet!):

I know most of us already knew this, but damn! don't say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as negative towards the almighty bullet proof rocketship LS4 cars on this corner of the internetz. You will be "proven wrong" with street racing stories, friend of a friend testimonials, the never-failing "10 year old car vs new car" bang for the buck ricer logic, and road and track 1/4 mile times. These cars always beat LT1's, SRT8's, GTO's, Mustangs, and I heard mike's brother's room-mate put 3 lengths on a Lambo...they're truely on a tier of performance over here that most car enthusiats will probably never will be on. Don't try to understand, because you can't, because if you don't own an LS4, you're simply not awesome enough to get what speed is all about...and of course, I say that with all due respect (which is none).
Trollin', trollin, trollin...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Smile

I love these threads
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ricer logic? The fact is you don't know what the hell your talking about and you have 0 credibility. And the fact is between sniffing your mothers underwear and masturbating to chuck Norris men's health issue....you keep taking time out of your day to come back to a forum for a vehicle you don't own....in a thread that has nothing to do with you...so who's the loser now. Do us all a favor marry your second cousin and **** off.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MasterTomos

emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes? wtf does that even mean?

lets imagine an lt1 owner posted a thread in the lt1 section saying he just got rid of his car for a mach1, and i went in there and was like congrats on the new car man because lt1s are total pieces of ****, everyone who owns one is ****** stupid for buying one, there slow, opti spark is a pos, and they look like ****. do you think lt1 owners would be insulted and tell me off(the answer is yes)?

there was no misconstruing of words you were talking **** and you know it.

you just dont get it though do you. who the hell said the ls4 was the end all be all? you do realize these are daily driven family cars right? i said it was the best car in its class at the time it was out, for the price. i challenged you to name one better, and you couldnt(in its class you dumb ****. a gto isnt in its class, a challenger isnt in its class, a lambos not in it class, mustangs and f bodies arent in there class either) ls4s are sports sedans(yes even the 2dr montes). its that simple. stock vs stock yes it will beat an lt1(that must be a tough pill for you to swallow), yes it will beat 2v mustangs, yes it will put up a good fight against 3vs, but are these things to be proud of? in a ls1,2,3,6,7,9 car no, in a ls4 yup. its not often pony cars get beat by daily driven fwd family cars so when it happens its something to be proud of.

i think its funny were emotional high schoolers, and vin diesel impersonators yet youre the one having an imaginary conversation with internet users everywhere. you do realize that anyone and everyone that reads this thread thinks your retarded right? perhaps you should reread all the posts in this thread before you post again. youre starting to make a fool of yourself and i doubt that youll find people in this section taking your side.

remember that time you used the all due respect line when i used it as an example of how big of an ******* you came off as for saying IMO every time? youre classic comedy. you take me back to my battles with bdyman(im sure the old school ls4 guys know exactly what im talking about).

oh yeah OP WHERES THE SMOKE!!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

emotional high schoolers and vin diesel wannabes? wtf does that even mean?

lets imagine an lt1 owner posted a thread in the lt1 section saying he just got rid of his car for a mach1, and i went in there and was like congrats on the new car man because lt1s are total pieces of ****, everyone who owns one is ****** stupid for buying one, there slow, opti spark is a pos, and they look like ****. do you think lt1 owners would be insulted and tell me off(the answer is yes)?

there was no misconstruing of words you were talking **** and you know it.

you just dont get it though do you. who the hell said the ls4 was the end all be all? you do realize these are daily driven family cars right? i said it was the best car in its class at the time it was out, for the price. i challenged you to name one better, and you couldnt(in its class you dumb ****. a gto isnt in its class, a challenger isnt in its class, a lambos not in it class, mustangs and f bodies arent in there class either) ls4s are sports sedans(yes even the 2dr montes). its that simple. stock vs stock yes it will beat an lt1(that must be a tough pill for you to swallow), yes it will beat 2v mustangs, yes it will put up a good fight against 3vs, but are these things to be proud of? in a ls1,2,3,6,7,9 car no, in a ls4 yup. its not often pony cars get beat by daily driven fwd family cars so when it happens its something to be proud of.

i think its funny were emotional high schoolers, and vin diesel impersonators yet youre the one having an imaginary conversation with internet users everywhere. you do realize that anyone and everyone that reads this thread thinks your retarded right? perhaps you should reread all the posts in this thread before you post again. youre starting to make a fool of yourself and i doubt that youll find people in this section taking your side.

remember that time you used the all due respect line when i used it as an example of how big of an ******* you came off as for saying IMO every time? youre classic comedy. you take me back to my battles with bdyman(im sure the old school ls4 guys know exactly what im talking about).

Man, that had to hurt.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT

I love these threads
Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to point it out since you think ls4 cars are pile of ****,check out the street racing section I am pretty sure their is a turbo ls4 kicking ***, just like ls1racing said you are ******* troll.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

He can't show us any smoke. He bought a lowly Hemi LX car that gets pulled by stock LS4 cars with 3 passengers. It just doesn't have the power. Poor guy.

LOL
Old 08-21-2012, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

He can't show us any smoke. He bought a lowly Hemi LX car that gets pulled by stock LS4 cars with 3 passengers. It just doesn't have the power. Poor guy.

LOL

Sarcastic or not, its the most truthful statement you have had so far. Bravo!

Quick Reply: Well i did it too. Traded the Imp ss