LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My SS has me scratching my head...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SS has me scratching my head...HELP

I just had Dave at TEP install a new transmission for me about a month ago now and that part is a perfect but my problem now is when under throttle, every time it shifts the indicator bounces back and forth between drive and park. Also when turning right it does this while saying service traction control but what really throws me off is a couple times it will stick in one gear after bouncing back and forth, the indicator goes away all together and the car won't run off even with the key out. Any ideas?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First
Check your electrical connection to the transmission , physically remove the plug and inspect for damaged or loose male/female pins. Apply die-electric grease proir to re-assembly.
Check your ECM/PCM connectors also and also apply die-electric grease in both proir to re-assembly. (in this area it would be most likley the ECM connector as it reports to the selector display)
Second
Sounds like a faulty neutral saftie switch or a damaged wire to it! PIN "W" of the transmission connector, wire color OG/BK on engine side, just OG on transmission side.This OG/BKwire also goes to the ECM on the other end, you may want to test it for shorts to ground as the wire itself may not be broken but intermittintly shorting to a ground (possible chaffed somewhere along its route)

As for the traction control light it is a seperate problem (common) bad wheelbearing or harness to the sensor need to use a scanner to dertemine which side is causing it, can be done without scanner/code reader but requires DVOHmeter and time.

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 12-20-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: My SS has me scratching my head...HELP