Default My Koni Coilover build

Finally got around to getting my coilver stuff all together and made it happen

parts list:
koni sports adjustable shocks
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...5&autoModClar=

2 Strut mounts with washers

ENS-3-6110R RED COIL SPRING ISOLATOR x1@ $11.99

HAL-7888-109 COIL OVER BEARING KIT x1@ $25.95
HAL-12-350 12" long x 2.5" ID # SPRING x2@ $47.99 (each)

Its best to to measure youre strut I.D first and order accordingly but this a general measurement
A1 Racing:
A1-12452-H 5" x 2.17" Coilover Sleeve x2@ $18.40 (each)--Verify your Strut housing I.D FIRST!!!!

A1-12460 Coilover Sleeve Nut x2@ $12.87 (each)

my inspiration came from this thread..http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=4

I had a set of KYB AGX's that were blown already so i figured **** it. and hacked them open.

Of course strut mounts need to be modified accordingly see this thread

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

As for the build there were a couple of hickups but nothing major.

Modified strut mount

Strut housings cut open with compression/alignment ring shown

VERY IMPORTANT **when you first cut the strut make sure you cut it to where you can achieve this I.D 48MM you insert the ring and press shock all the way through

Drilled hole in the bottom for nipple** you dont have to have this welded back if you want you could use the supplied screw that will secure it to the body however i wanted the extra suspension travel and chose to have it welded on the bottom.

Use your 14mm washers like so and stack your sway bar poly bushings like so. -you will have to ream out the poly bushings to fit over the strut shaft

Total weight 18lbs

Finished!!

Last edited by 91parkave; 05-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HAHA, had to make sure you got the ACUs and pistol in there huh? What is that pistol? Almost looks like a 1911 with the beavertail, but the front of the frame looks a little off.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crich88848
HAHA, had to make sure you got the ACUs and pistol in there huh? What is that pistol? Almost looks like a 1911 with the beavertail, but the front of the frame looks a little off.
nah not really but yea im active duty so i didnt think anything of it when i snapped the picture. i had just got done installing a new trigger spring on the taurus so thats why it was laying there its definatley not a 1911 it a taurus PT945 .45 with ported barrel. BY far my fav gun.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91parkave
nah not really but yea im active duty so i didnt think anything of it when i snapped the picture. i had just got done installing a new trigger spring on the taurus so thats why it was laying there its definatley not a 1911 it a taurus PT945 .45 with ported barrel. BY far my fav gun.
I was just messing with you anyways. Where are you stationed? I was active duty for 3 years. Been out for about 5 years now due to a medical discharge. I injured my back during some live convoy fire exercises while I was in South Korea for 2 years. I miss those days so much now. Nothing has ever given me more of a sense of fulfillment. My favorite pistol I have is my sub-compact Springfield XD .40S&W. The ergonomics of the grip is phenomenal and it works great as a concealed carry with my in the pants galco holster. I also have a S&W M&P .45 full size. I just wish I could combine the ergonomics and the polymer finish of the XD with the smooth action of the M&P. Would be the perfect pistol IMO. My fav gun that I have though is my Bushmaster AR variant. Love that rifle. Thanks for your service!

Quick Reply: My Koni Coilover build