LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tough decision. Clay races???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough decision. Clay races???

Our local dirt track is planning on street car drag races at intermission this week. Sounds interesting

It's a high bank 1/4 mile clay track. Street legal cars only. 1 lap. 10 car limit (2 at a time). Winner progresses, loser goes back to the stands. Wonder how my Nitto's would handle on clay? I do know front wheel drives sucks to dirt track with! Been there, done that.

Just thought it interesting and thought I'd share. See what others think.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

...no
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoooth
Our local dirt track is planning on street car drag races at intermission this week. Sounds interesting

It's a high bank 1/4 mile clay track. Street legal cars only. 1 lap. 10 car limit (2 at a time). Winner progresses, loser goes back to the stands. Wonder how my Nitto's would handle on clay? I do know front wheel drives sucks to dirt track with! Been there, done that.

Just thought it interesting and thought I'd share. See what others think.
For me.... racing on a circle track with my DD with other amateur (beginner) racers, NEVER. I don't know how people are where you're from, but they let people bring their street cars on the track here at slinger and everytime people take it way too serious. I cringe everytime I see someones nice street car get put in the wall by some jerk off in a cavelier. If it's my street car and it's not a straight drag strip, not gonna happen. Thats just my opinion though.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Teching In

That's about the only thing keeping me from trying it....the other guy. I've been on the track years ago and trust MY driving, just not the other guy. Still sounds like fun though. HAHA
Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoooth
That's about the only thing keeping me from trying it....the other guy. I've been on the track years ago and trust MY driving, just not the other guy. Still sounds like fun though. HAHA
Sounds like tons of fun, until you get the bill for new quarter panels and doors.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah... no way. Even if nobody touched me, I don't want all that dirt and **** being hurled at my paint.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't do it. Too much can go wrong, even in one lap, and with a bunch of folks doing their Tony Stewart imitations and probably having no business being out there, it's more likely than not to end badly.

Quick Reply: Tough decision. Clay races???