LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ecm tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecm tune questions

has anyone had good luck with sending an ecm in to be tuned based on the mods already done not looking for anything bizarre this is our daily driving family car but we still like to have fun with it we had a trans problem long time ago but fixed that with replacing the tcc and pressure control cylonoids and filter in the trans but now I have the cat plugging up, would like to remove it for now but planning on doing the headers on it later this summer will put a cat back on it when I do that but would like to keep CEL off so remote start and dod works until then, last time CEL light was on we only got 17 mpg, that hurts the pocket book would like to go back to the 26-28 range that we were any useful info would be helpful I have read up a little on the overkill tune but cant find much from users who have had it done, it appears to be what would work for me but looking for some input before I spend 150 on something I may or may not like
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diablo LEW Eaton he will fix you up!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by need4z
Diablo LEW Eaton he will fix you up!
+1

Lew's tunes are way better than a mail order tune. I had one on my truck before I sold it, so with the GXP I decided to do the programmer/log route and it is lightyears better. He has the best customer service ever and he really made my car a million times better to drive. His tune also lowered my tranny temps a bit.

As for the fuel mileage... with the 91 DOD OFF tune from him, I average 25 mpg on country roads combined with a little city driving. Pretty damned good for running on all 8 cylinders the whole time I'd say.

He's also doing a friend's truck, who I must admit, is having a lot of issues (the trucks fault), but Lew has been giving every effort he can to get it sorted out and he always answered all my annoying questions lol.

Quick Reply: ecm tune questions