LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Transmission cooling line leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission cooling line leak

The transmission cooling line was leaking from the connector. I noticed that the line was loose and I assumed it was the connector. I got a new connector from the dealer and there was a noticeable difference between the two. I replaced the connector with the new one. The line still moves but I haven't had any leaks yet. Any idea if this is a normal thing for the line to be loose?

2006 Grand Prix GXP
Attached Thumbnails Transmission cooling line leak-trans-line-loose.gif   Transmission cooling line leak-img_2332.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flex728
The transmission cooling line was leaking from the connector. I noticed that the line was loose and I assumed it was the connector. I got a new connector from the dealer and there was a noticeable difference between the two. I replaced the connector with the new one. The line still moves but I haven't had any leaks yet. Any idea if this is a normal thing for the line to be loose?

2006 Grand Prix GXP
They do move a little bit , they arent going to be super solid. and ive had to replace my quick connect fittings as well from leaks , Twice now... DId you remove the Wax plug that was in the yellow one ?
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

The new looks like the updated part - the originals leak so they redesigned them.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

AN fittings ftw. Cheap and wont leak.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Default Update

So far no leaks. I took out most of the wax plug that was in the new connector. Used it as lube on the o-rings. Had to go to the dealer to get the connector. They quoted me $17 for the part, discounted it to $13 when I picked it up.

Quick Reply: Transmission cooling line leak