LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

want to buy a gmr 1in chain

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to buy a gmr 1in chain

Im on the lookout for a gmr 1in chain preferably a 2.93 ratio turbo is eating 15/16 chains for breakfast and lunch and if anyone on here knows of good trans builder in south fl area
Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem ain't the chains man. The case flex is what causes the chain to not have full contact on the teeth. Which wears the outsides and eventually will snap them.

You could always try zzp's 1 inch.

Otherwise it's waiting for a beautiful piece of metal known as the Norris brace by triple edge performance. However there being produced at the moment.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually got off the phone with dave a little bit ago the problem is that chain and the case flex and the big power im making the gmr gears have a special design with teeth that are milled down on the sides so when the case does flex it doesn't eat into the chain. the norris brace could be at least 6 months out from being produced again the guy who built the last ones is no longer around. The zzp 1in chain is crap however the gears are good for use with gmr chain and dave has a setuo for me i just sent him a deposit on it. Its a zzp 3.29 gear and gmr chain and im going to be pulling my trans out and sending it to him this week I hope

Quick Reply: want to buy a gmr 1in chain