LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

replacing the timing chain with a c5R

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing the timing chain with a c5R

hello guys/gals i was gonna be going into my engine soon to replace the timing chain was wondering whats the best way to remove/replace the timing chain since you have to remove the oil pump which that looks like it takes the oil pan to be removed the get to the oil pump pick up tube, i thought i saw someone do this job without removing the oil pan just was curious would save alot of time lol
Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're gonna remove everything while doing the cam. Your oil pan gasket might as well get changed too. It's not really a involved extra step. But I'd rather be safe then sorry that the pickup tube gets fully seated in the pump. Also you can order the new chains Hinson motorsports that are seamless and stronger than c5r
Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Launching!

ok cool yea that what i was kinda thinkin about as well u already there u no, i think the c5r will be ok for what i got. guess i need one of those engine support racks/bars to hold the engine in place while i drop the subframe and oil pan
Old 03-14-2015, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tim4daflow
ok cool yea that what i was kinda thinkin about as well u already there u no, i think the c5r will be ok for what i got. guess i need one of those engine support racks/bars to hold the engine in place while i drop the subframe and oil pan
I used an engine support bar from harbor freight and it worked fine and is inexpensive.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Lol thats actually the one I had my eyes on

Quick Reply: replacing the timing chain with a c5R