LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

power outlet always hot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power outlet always hot?

I want to get one of those Kinivo bluetooth things now that I added auxillary to the gxp. It seems that my power outlets always stay on even when the ignition is off. Is there a way to make it so the outlet turns off with the ignition so that I can leave the bluetooth device always plugged in?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have to pull a wire schematic, hook up a relay that only engages on key on.You can find it's fuse location and put a relay there.depends how clean you want it

Last edited by Sint3k; 04-24-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gilroy222
I want to get one of those Kinivo bluetooth things now that I added auxillary to the gxp. It seems that my power outlets always stay on even when the ignition is off. Is there a way to make it so the outlet turns off with the ignition so that I can leave the bluetooth device always plugged in?
What is your goal adding the Kinivo? I have never heard of that product so I googled it after reading this. The product I see on Amazon has Bluetooth as well as aux. input jack. If you added auxiliary already, are you just buying this for the Bluetooth connection? Both power units are hot, I wouldn't recommend leaving anything in all the time. I stream my music using a Motorola T505, while it works I am considering upgrading to a Bluetooth head unit, still undecided. Add a pic of your auxiliary if you can. Thanks
Old 10-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I realize this is old now but I just happened to notice that there was another reply lol.

My auxillary was added via a harness made by a guy named Ray Kawal who is famous in the corvette forums for hooking up the vettes with the GM Pal and such. His harness plugs into the XM box in the trunk and then runs a long female aux end from it. I ran mine up into my center console. I still wanted bluetooth for an all in one solution for phone, music, etc. especially now that the cops are really cracking down up here in canada for distracted driving.

I went ahead and got the kinovo (BTC 450 I think it is) and it works really good with my aux hookup. I actually have left it live for as long as two weeks while the car sat. It draws so little power that the car didn't even studder after two weeks when starting.

Last edited by gilroy222; 10-24-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: power outlet always hot?