LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

this anyone on here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he made a comment that the transmission is broke, i guess the chain broken in it.
but yeah seems like a good deal, throw TEP transmission in that it would be a beast.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet baby Jesus! This may be a dumb question, but what about power steering???
Old 12-28-2015, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 199 Likes on 99 Posts

That is pretty cool and a very good deal...

I would pay his asking price just to yank the supercharger setup off the engine and junk the rest of the car...
Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 12-28-2015, 10:51 PM

guys....I am the owner of the 2005 gxp with the blower installation and it sounds like there are some folks with some questions. My phone has been filled with txt messages asking questions on the install. I am happy to help answer some questions and hopefully sell my installation so I could move on to my next project. Are there any takers?
Old 12-28-2015, 11:19 PM

I would've bought your project if it weren't for two things

Being deployed till june and living in texas I can't come get the car.

I would love if you could share your experience in a thread so people would stop harassing you lol
Old 12-29-2015, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by csuhocki
guys....I am the owner of the 2005 gxp with the blower installation and it sounds like there are some folks with some questions. My phone has been filled with txt messages asking questions on the install. I am happy to help answer some questions and hopefully sell my installation so I could move on to my next project. Are there any takers?
I am very curious how you got the custom blower pieces as well as reverse rotation rotors, and what machining was done to make the LSA ports fit onto the cathedral heads. Any pics you have of the process would be great!
Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 AM

The lsa to cathedral adapters are on ebay now.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:11 AM
TECH Addict

Any dyno numbers?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

This get a buyer yet?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want it
Old 01-04-2016, 10:19 AM

the rotating group you will need come from an aftermarket roots blower such as a Roush or SLP kit. You will need to get the correct side drive for the install. I believe I used a left side input shaft. The cover and drive shaft and pulley were made specifically for this installation. Use a solid drive coupling to go from your input shaft to the driven rotor. That blower Inlet was made by modifying that LSA style front inlet. I also used the LSA injectors and rails. There is some internal machining on the blower housing you will need to do to accommodate the correct airflow path for the ZR1 lid. That adapters I made were faulty crude due to the limited vertical height. The blower also gets machines to fit to power steering pump in line with the forward ports. A remote reservoir is required. That pump housing was also modified for the move along with the addition of 2 more idler pulleys to support the new belt path.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by csuhocki
the rotating group you will need come from an aftermarket roots blower such as a Roush or SLP kit. You will need to get the correct side drive for the install. I believe I used a left side input shaft. The cover and drive shaft and pulley were made specifically for this installation. Use a solid drive coupling to go from your input shaft to the driven rotor. That blower Inlet was made by modifying that LSA style front inlet. I also used the LSA injectors and rails. There is some internal machining on the blower housing you will need to do to accommodate the correct airflow path for the ZR1 lid. That adapters I made were faulty crude due to the limited vertical height. The blower also gets machines to fit to power steering pump in line with the forward ports. A remote reservoir is required. That pump housing was also modified for the move along with the addition of 2 more idler pulleys to support the new belt path.

I have to ask. How has this gone unnoticed to the LS4 community? This is most likely the only supercharged version of our cars with the LS4. This is kind of a really big deal . Seems like a lot of work was done and a lot of engineering to get this all together, not to mention quite a few bucks. Has this car been under wraps since you built it, closed hood type? I really wish I had the money, its priced right for the taking and whoever gets this I hope they tear it apart and post some pics so it can be duplicated . Good luck with the sale, post back here and mention to the new owner about this forum please. Cheers!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm i may have to check my funding....
Old 01-05-2016, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

I think it's sold... Didn't get a response & the CL post has been deleted... Hope the new owner is a member!
Old 01-05-2016, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pauls325
hmm i may have to check my funding....
While you are checking post some more pics of that Trans Am scoop, Love it! Under hood shots too.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Teching In

FWIW I am the one who bought this car.

The trans just needed a new input drum which i had laying around in a parts trans, so $35 in gaskets/filter and its up and running. Had a few other small issues i had to take care of (brakes, wheel speed sensor wire, etc...), and been playing with the tune a little as well. I picked up a stainless ZZP downpipe for it as well as it still had the stock one. Once i get the tune updated to my liking and the new downpipe on I'll throw it on the dyno and see what it does.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Excellent - thanks for dropping in !!

Think we're all curious what it puts down... Maybe some videos & pics ???

Cheers

Last edited by x11 nut; 01-17-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dbtk2
FWIW I am the one who bought this car.

The trans just needed a new input drum which i had laying around in a parts trans, so $35 in gaskets/filter and its up and running. Had a few other small issues i had to take care of (brakes, wheel speed sensor wire, etc...), and been playing with the tune a little as well. I picked up a stainless ZZP downpipe for it as well as it still had the stock one. Once i get the tune updated to my liking and the new downpipe on I'll throw it on the dyno and see what it does.
Good job on the purchase, sounds like you have some experience dealing with this transmission already so you are way ahead of the game.Hope you are active here, post some pics of the car as you progress with it also. Sounds like the car found a good owner.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:16 AM

Supercharged on stock manifolds and down pipe? I'd be really intrested in timing it was allowed

Quick Reply: this anyone on here?