LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

So I put my Trans back in Saturday. Everything went well and while it was out I replaced the rear knock crank harness and put a new pigtail on the ecu side due to it being melted I did it pin for pin. Car started up great runs and drives but anything over 8psi I'm getting ridiculous amount of kr like 14*. Nothing has changed in the tune other than a little bit more line pressure. Car was spot on before Trans broke. There is no dtc's please help
Old 04-18-2016, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
So I put my Trans back in Saturday. Everything went well and while it was out I replaced the rear knock crank harness and put a new pigtail on the ecu side due to it being melted I did it pin for pin. Car started up great runs and drives but anything over 8psi I'm getting ridiculous amount of kr like 14*. Nothing has changed in the tune other than a little bit more line pressure. Car was spot on before Trans broke. There is no dtc's please help

The best way that I have found to try to narrow it down without pulling parts is to get 100octane unleaded, if your KR is the same, then you are some how getting false KR.

I'm also curious, what are your Fuel trims ?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

what's your wide band sitting at when this happens, grab a good scan log of afr , timing and introduce knock sensor voltage in the scan log, so you can pinpoint the issue with accuracy

Quick Reply: Need help