LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Radio troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio troubleshoot

Hey guys, I'm terrible at electrical stuff and desperate to fix an issue I'm having in my 08 Impala SS. The radio, door chime, and blinker ticking sound stopped working. I have checked all fuses under the hood and by the glove box 3 times. All were fine and I even replaced anything that had to do with aux, radio, and audio. I have disconnected the battery and reset the computer twice. I have pulled the head unit out to make sure there wasn't any messed up wires or hidden fuses and I still cannot get anything to respond. The head unit lights up fine, but doesn't power on. I do not have the Bose Audio, so I do not have a factory amp. Also, the stereo is the stock oem unit. Ithe was all working fine one night on my way home from work. I parked the car and when I went to drive it again the next morning nothing worked. I appreciate any tips!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

All warning chimes and blinker noises are handled by the stereo. If it's not working then they will not work either. Check to see if other accesories are not working like the cigar lighter/power outlet. A lot of those circuits will share the same fuse. They are not always clear with labeling.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Thanks for responding. All the cigarette plugs work and every fuse in both panels are good too.

Quick Reply: Radio troubleshoot