LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

No TCM Update until next year?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
OK, again, you twisted my words.
I said it could be 2-6 months for 07-08 support, and then said that TCM support would be available by then, not until then. Pay attention.
By then and until then are the same.

Your looking more like an ******* the more you post. All us LS4 guys want is a product you offered to do what it was going to do, not pay 400 bucks and get something that is only 1/2 the product. You are cutting alot of ties here with your lies and empty promisses.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Like the 'rumor' you kept spreading about TCM support coming to beta testing in 30-60 days or would be released even sooner than that as a finished product (repeated every few weeks/months for the last year or so) or the rumor that first you had a GM expert working on it, then later wrote that management was starting to look at it, or that your company cared about all their customers, or...oh...wait, I do remember you were adament about it being ready at the end of the Summer (presumably 2007). Everyone would much prefer being told that there is no timeline on it, instead of being lied to. When you give a date range, it is assumed (and you know I am right) that there is information available that makes that date range reasonable. If there is no basis to make an ETA guess (like, oh...I don't know, actually having cracked the PCM), then how can an honest company spew made up stuff? It looks like the new owners are trying to squeeze more sales out based on the reputation of Diable before their penny pinching ruins that reputation. Very common in buy-outs. While it is obvious you are a company man (nothing wrong with that), I would bet that you are out of a job within 18 months. Think about how your employers are treating paying customers; how loyal are they going to be to you?

It is very telling that you resort to a personal attack on someone instead of coming up with a realistic timeline or an honest answer about you and your company's inconsistancies when it comes to your claims of support. When the facts are against you, dazzle the crowd with bullshit. Bra-vo! clap clap for the misdirection. Glad to know that you think that your core buyers (and while the LS4 crowd does not buy a lot of your programmers, they do own other vehicles as well that you might care about) are so stupid that they cannot see what your company is doing.

As far as being brutally honest with your discussions with Taz; you do not dispute his assertion that you said it might be 2 months or 6 months until TCM comes out. Only that you never said it might be next year. My calender says 6 months out is well into 2008. When you are reduced to trying to nit-pick the details of what he said, even when, by your own admission, you were being honest and the substance of the statement is completely true based on what you said, it is very clear to everyone that you have finally painted yourself into a corner and are trying to lash out at others simply because they expect you to live up to what you said.

If you don't like the insinuation that you are a liar, perhaps it is time to change the things you say and the way you say them. You know...just to avoid the misconception that you are misleading folks.
THANK YOU...!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz34SS

As for saying I called more then once yesterday, thats kinda funny because I only called once. Want my phone number to check your records.

Mike, you and your company is digging a HUGE hole in the LS4 family and its not something your going to get out of very quickly if at all.

Maybe you should just tell everyone the truth and not just " oh, it will be 30-60 days before we have beta TCM testers ready" Remember that statement??? And now how long has it been? We keep getting the samething, " we are still working on it " Well, im sorry, but how come HP Tuners can offer TCM Support right off the bat and you are still sitting there, with your "GM" tech guy helping you "crack" open the TCM support? Makes no sense at all Mike.
Must have been some other LS4 guy asking about 07-08 support and TCM support huh? Likely story....

As for why HPtuners can do it....again you have no idea what you are talking about. We can crack anything, no problem...the issue is getting all of the TCM parameters put into simple to use adjustable parameters that can be put into the tool. But again, you have no idea how this works.
HPtuner will only allow you to access the TCM and flash the program from stock, there will not be any parameters that simply allow you to press + or - to raise line pressure or shift points.

Again, good luck with it.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you do not dispute his assertion that you said it might be 2 months or 6 months until TCM comes out.
actually, he did...

I said it could be 2-6 months for 07-08 support, and then said that TCM support would be available by then, not until then.
meaning that the new tool to support the 07/08 cars could be 2-6 months away, but that TCM support would already be available by then, so those new tools would have it in there already.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

By then and until then are the same.

Your looking more like an ******* the more you post. All us LS4 guys want is a product you offered to do what it was going to do, not pay 400 bucks and get something that is only 1/2 the product. You are cutting alot of ties here with your lies and empty promisses.
By then and until then are the same?
Wow.
No wonder nothing I said is sinking in...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Must have been some other LS4 guy asking about 07-08 support and TCM support huh? Likely story....

As for why HPtuners can do it....again you have no idea what you are talking about. We can crack anything, no problem...the issue is getting all of the TCM parameters put into simple to use adjustable parameters that can be put into the tool. But again, you have no idea how this works.
HPtuner will only allow you to access the TCM and flash the program from stock, there will not be any parameters that simply allow you to press + or - to raise line pressure or shift points.

Again, good luck with it.
There might not be a + or -, but there is this thing called a Fourm, and Help Desk from HP with Great people there to help you tune your car the way you want it, not a CAN tune. There is so much more you can do with HP vs your product, but I guess thats not sinking in, is it? If you say you can "crack anything" then why dont you just do it and give the guys with the tuners the TCM Support they have been asking for now over well over a year or more??? Oh, BTW, you can change the shift points and line Pressure, but again you would need to know what your doing.

Oh, if you would like the phone number I called from, I will be more then willing to give it to you. Just PM me.

Last edited by Richiec77; 09-14-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK, again, you twisted my words.
I said it could be 2-6 months for 07-08 support, and then said that TCM support would be available by then, not until then. Pay attention.
Ok, put your money where your mouth is. If this statement is the start of a new honest era at Diablo then so be it. Why don't you either retract or modify this statement now or live with it and have a procedure in place for those who desire to return their Predator for a full refund if there is no TCM by the Ides of March?

If your company is serious about trying to keep their good name, this should be no problem.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Ok, put your money where your mouth is. If this statement is the start of a new honest era at Diablo then so be it. Why don't you either retract or modify this statement now or live with it and have a procedure in place for those who desire to return their Predator for a full refund if there is no TCM by the Ides of March?

If your company is serious about trying to keep their good name, this should be no problem.
That will take 30-60 days for the beta to come out ;-)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, you guys are lucky I don't have my Mod priviledges yet - this thread would be locked down, and/or some posts deleted. Some of the stuff that's being said, and the WAY it's being said, is clearly against the forum rules...

Can still be civil and get points across without resorting to the foul-language name-calling, slander, etc etc....

yikes...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Sometimes its the only way to get your point across.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sometimes its the only way to get your point across.
I agree, but is still a sad thing and in the end serves no one well.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Live2Ride
Post subject: U7191 TCM Update delayed? Posted: Sep 14, 2007 - 08:45 AM

Good morning,

I wanted to have someone preferably Mike, confirm that the TCM updates for 06 LS4 cars have been postponed until next year.

Please be as direct and specific as possible with the response.

If this is indeed the case how do I get my money back? I've owned it for about a year while waiting on the TCM update and have no desire to continue to wait until next year.

I understand the business need to be "First to Production." I just want a straight up answer and return instructions.

Regards,

Bill

mikel
Post subject: RE: U7191 TCM Update delayed? Posted: Sep 14, 2007 - 09:09 AM

OK, lets see.....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

That was NEVER said, and someone has twisted my words to suit their own agenda.

TCM support is coming this year.

mlitsch< @ >diablosport.com

the above is from the Diablo website forums. It appears we don't even have to wait until March, very clearly states this year and not next year (which obviously means calender year, not a year from now)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Wow, you guys are lucky I don't have my Mod priviledges yet - this thread would be locked down, and/or some posts deleted. Some of the stuff that's being said, and the WAY it's being said, is clearly against the forum rules...

Can still be civil and get points across without resorting to the foul-language name-calling, slander, etc etc....

yikes...
I agree. This has pretty much gotten us nowhere. There are ways to communicate discontent without personally bashing the messenger. This isn't Sparta! The world just doesn't work that way. Actually...unfortunately, the world does work that way....and look at it now....
Old 09-14-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scarlett
How many seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months years have they said support will be made for the TCM. Don't keep spewing the **** just deliver, "Talk is cheap".
Yup and there talk is really pissing off alot of people. I am willing to bet there will not be any TCM support or 07/08 Monte/Impala/Grand Prix Tuner come the end of the year. Just remember, Mike is the one who told me it could be 2 months, it could be 6 months.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just for pot stirring sake, why is it so hard to come out with a tcm tune anyway?? The tcm can easily be accessed ala hptuners, vector....I actually don't know of anybody that offers tunes not beaing able to tune the tcm.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SILVER LS4
Just for pot stirring sake, why is it so hard to come out with a tcm tune anyway?? The tcm can easily be accessed ala hptuners, vector....I actually don't know of anybody that offers tunes not beaing able to tune the tcm.

I'm going to take a stab at it and guess that HPTuners is more of a raw way of working with the computers data whereas something like the diablosport needs the interface to be programmed to access those same tables.

For any techies out there, think of it like working with SQL Manager to work with table data, etc, vs having an application written specifically to manipulate that data. HPTuners just gives you everthing you need at a lower level, with the sacrifice of usability by average folks.

It sounds like Diablosport probably knows HOW to access the TCM tables. They're just figuring out what the table values mean and translating that to a usable, friendly interface. You'd think that would be similar from car to car, particularly from LSX to LSX....but, that's not my area of expertise.

I'm also not sure what kind of programming API they have available for the predator...could be some really tedious, time consuming, low level programming language....and they just need the "time" to code it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Talk about good customer support. I personally think I got ripped off buying this. Half the things listed in the manual this tuner can't do. I'm thinking of putting it on ebay so someone with a GTO or a Vette will get better use out of it. If they don't make this TCM update they will have 0 LS4 users!!!! Not to mention they won't have my business in the future.

Last edited by jabronie78; 09-14-2007 at 08:43 PM.