LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

did the passenger airbag removal. need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default did the passenger airbag removal. need help!!

I'm gonna replace the dash from my car because its all broken and falling apart so I took it out along with the pass airbag to make it part of my weight reduction list. it was a pita but I used the instructions that someone posted on this site.

my question. should I run into problems by running the car without the guage cluster and all those wire loose aside that I wouldn't know my speed and the other usefull staff like temp,gas left and all that?????

somebody let me know please, is getting dark and I want to go get some food.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ikaros23
I'm gonna replace the dash from my car because its all broken and falling apart so I took it out along with the pass airbag to make it part of my weight reduction list. it was a pita but I used the instructions that someone posted on this site.

my question. should I run into problems by running the car without the guage cluster and all those wire loose aside that I wouldn't know my speed and the other usefull staff like temp,gas left and all that?????

somebody let me know please, is getting dark and I want to go get some food.
Not sure if it will run (prob will) but if you get pulled over your f***ed. Also, if you start the car with the airbags unplugged you will trip the airbag light and this cannot be reset until you plug them back in and cycle the PCM and SRS module. Lastly, you might run into an issue with VATS or security and starting the car.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was under the impression that your alternate wouldnt provide a charge if your cluster was out. I have no idea why, but i think i remember seeing a thread about that on this site somewhere.

Quick Reply: did the passenger airbag removal. need help!!