LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ok now look at my dot to dot for my timing

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok now look at my dot to dot for my timing

i am just gonna degree my cam so while i wait on the tools i just ordered i decided to screw with the motor a bit.

it was pointed out that the crank key way seemed off from where tdc would usually be (if i said that right...i kno i heard it right)
so i cleaned off the crank gear and realized that it wasnt a dot i had lined up at first it was a zero marking the key way for zoro degreees of retard

the crank gear is on the a2 (obviously lol) so i now tried to line it up with the a2 gear tooth... so i turned it some more and got it to what im pretty sure is tdc. and put it back on just to see
the key on the crank seems to be where i was told it should be

and i got my sisters boyfriend..who is a photographer to take more ...better..pics

so look at it and tell me what u think.

either way it will get degreed

so atleast here are some good pics. i appreciate the input but like i said im still gonna go ahead and degree it because it needs to be done and i got someone walkin me through it.

thanks yall
Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look's like they'll line up... you have to turn the crank just slightly clockwise to get er' perfect....
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but the chain is already on it in these pics... its either right where it is or a whole tooth in that direction