LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!?!?Misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!?!?Misfire?

Degreased/washed the engine bay and then had problem. In park the car starts to vibrate as revs come up and miss becomes more prominent. Pretty much the same driving. The SES light doesn't come on at all. Replaced opti and plugs. No arching visible. Cleaned MAF. I know maybe change plug wires and/or injectors but money is really tight right now so if possible the next part replaced needs to fix it. Any ideas on diagnosing the problem? I've read all the other threads on this subject. None refer to the vibration as the car is missing, and I'm trying to avoid driving it and making things worse.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:08 AM
12 Second Club

I will tell you one thing its not your injectors trust me. I say plug wires. Especially since you have long tube headers . I have them to and they are a bitch on plug wires.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Teching In

None of the wires seem to be that close but who knows. It started after i was a genious and washed the engine bay so i was thinking the injector connectors or maybe the map sensor....hmmm
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Not the map either. Go ahead and unplug it its not going to run any worse. After washing it it is usually the opti that you messed up. Are you sure you put it on right? Because its not that hard to get that dowel pin in one of the clovers instead of the notch. trust me i have done it and it made it run just like that. And as far as spark plug wires, they burn internally. I have been through countless sets that ohmed out just fine with a meter and looked great visually but made the car run like crap. Best way is to put it in the garage at at night put it on stands and get a flash light so you can shut the lights off and look around for arching. JMO been there done that with my car don't let it get in your head that there are other things wrong with the car, and start throwing parts at it. Best way is to check what you touched, did a million times over.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

ive changed the opti before and im aware...its on correctly I MADE SURE due to past experiences, plus it started acting up before i changed the opti. no arching...looked multiple times even under load..NOTHING ....i might just change the wires today....DAMMIT

Quick Reply: HELP!?!?Misfire?