LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

coolant hose ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant hose ?

has anyone ever had any problums with the coolant hose's that run from above the oli filter and alonge the block to the radiator, and the water pump. mine is leaking at the block and the hose's are cracked and leaking. dose anyone know were to get a new one gm dosent have or make them anymore or can it be blocked off?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Teching In

i might be mistaken but i don't think thats a coolant hose your looking for. I believe you want the oil cooler hose.

the only coolant hoses i know of are all on the passenger side going to the heater core, the water pump area, and the air bleed line that runs along the passenger side head and throttle body.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The oil cooler uses radiator coolant to exchange heat with the oil, so there are in fact lines that run beside the oil pan on the drivers side to and from the oil cooler. It makes it that much more fun to pull the oil pan with the engine still in the car.

I am pretty sure there are people running without an oil cooler. Try a search in this section and you should find an answer.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Teching In

i would never have guessed they used coolant for that. i thought it was setup like the cooler for an auto tranny. my bad..
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can take the oil cooler off by taking the nut off and just screw the filter straight to the block. Then just get some heater hose and run from the radiator to the water pump.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bad99transam
has anyone ever had any problums with the coolant hose's that run from above the oli filter and alonge the block to the radiator, and the water pump. mine is leaking at the block and the hose's are cracked and leaking. dose anyone know were to get a new one gm dosent have or make them anymore or can it be blocked off?
what do you mean it's leaking at the block ? those lines don't go into the block. explain better.

Quick Reply: coolant hose ?