LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

spark plug help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug help

well i got a bit of a problem, as i was putting the headers on i had to take 2 of the spark plugs off, as i took the one on the back of the motor it was lose pretty much about to fall out. after i put the headers on i tried to put the plug back on, as i tried to tighten it back on it still had movement, so i did the best i could to mae it tight well racing a cobra last night the plug just came off. looks like the thread is gone any idea what i can do in this case. and its not the plug bc i put in a new spark plugs and moved them around.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Helicoil (sp) kit would help. You might have to take the head off and do a tap out so that you could make new threads since making new threads while the head is on would be dumb cause of the medal shavings and putting in a heilcoil would be hard as F*ck. PM me and i can help ya out more if you need it.

Devin M
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blk97z28
Helicoil (sp) kit would help. You might have to take the head off and do a tap out so that you could make new threads since making new threads while the head is on would be dumb cause of the medal shavings and putting in a heilcoil would be hard as F*ck. PM me and i can help ya out more if you need it.

Devin M
thanks