LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cammed lt1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cammed lt1??

so i have a full bolt on gm847 car and when i hit around 4500 it seems like its starts to fall apart. I have a msd distributer, coil, and wires do you guys think that might have something to do with it? Or i was also wondering if my pushrods were the wrong legth would that cause that to happen? there 7.1 and i think there the right length but i could be wrong. The car has a Madtuner mailorder tune and i dont think that would be it. So any advise would be great thx.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nirvana1221
so i have a full bolt on gm847 car and when i hit around 4500 it seems like its starts to fall apart. I have a msd distributer, coil, and wires do you guys think that might have something to do with it? Or i was also wondering if my pushrods were the wrong legth would that cause that to happen? there 7.1 and i think there the right length but i could be wrong. The car has a Madtuner mailorder tune and i dont think that would be it. So any advise would be great thx.
Need more info...
What springs are you running? Maybe valve float?
Why did you decide to use 7.1" pushrod length?

Any codes?
I would test your fuel pressure.
Test your coil.
How old is the plugs and wires? What gap are you using?
I would also readjust your rockers.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What springs are you running is the first question I would ask too.

The MSD distributor has a pretty bad track record but I think it too soon to suspect it.

Improper pushrod length would if anything wear the guides some not cause a problem like this.

Valve adjustment is a common area to make mistakes in too. If you spun the pushrod till you felt resistance you likely have the valve preload too tight.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have comp 918 springs and as for a code it will set one sometimes when i get on it but as soon as i get out of it it shuts off so im thinking it might be falling off do to the ignition i just find it hard to believe it would be that since the parts only have a couple hundred miles on them. As for my plugs there tr55 and i had them at .050 and i droped them down to .040 to see if it made a difference and i didnt notice a thing.

Also for start up i had the valves adjust 1/2 turn past zero lash and now there just a 1/4 turn past and that the way i have done it on any hydralic cam motor and never had an issue so i dont think that would be it so if you guys have any more ideas keep them coming thx.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

take out the plugs and read them, this will let you know if it's a general condition or cylinder specific

by "fall apart" do you mean spark blowout?

Quick Reply: cammed lt1??