LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fill up , then does not start?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fill up , then does not start?

Okay its not really a huge issue, but when i fill up my tank all the way it wont crank back up for a couple minutes after.. usually i leave about a gallon or so out of it and it cranks everytime..

along with that very intermittatly (sp?) it will not start just to be difficult until i put it in neutral (auto)

anybody know what these issues could be caused from?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

The neutral safety witch may be what is causing the whole no start until you monkey with the gear selector a bit. Might be on it's way out. As far as the full of fuel no start, I'm not sure.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94
The neutral safety witch may be what is causing the whole no start until you monkey with the gear selector a bit. Might be on it's way out. As far as the full of fuel no start, I'm not sure.
cool, i thought it was vats for a minute but i figured it probably wont be

also i got a mail order tune and ran it at the track and im burning alot of extra fuel so maybe the cylinders are just getting flooded so when i come to a stop to fill up that could be the issue? i am not quite sure

i appreciate the quick response
Old 04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

No problem, but I am not 100% sure that's all it is. If it is too rich washing down the cylinder walls, it should be doing that regardless of the fuel level in the tank. When it wont start back up, does it crank and not fire, or just do nothing? Neutral safety switch and VATS issues won't even let you crank it to start. If it is cranking and just not starting it could be something else.