LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BMR upgrade thoughts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR upgrade thoughts!!!

So I just purchased the following and thought I would ask what everyone thought and how this would play a difference in everyday street driving/racing: Ajustable T/A, lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets of course and a panhard bar. I'm only doing the rearend for the moment being because money may become tight with the new arrival of the baby and 2 damn houses! Damn economy! So I'll have to put off until this summer for the front end. I just thought I would see how this upgrade would play out for me! Got to be better than stock right, lol! Thanks steve
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
So I just purchased the following and thought I would ask what everyone thought and how this would play a difference in everyday street driving/racing: Ajustable T/A, lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets of course and a panhard bar. I'm only doing the rearend for the moment being because money may become tight with the new arrival of the baby and 2 damn houses! Damn economy! So I'll have to put off until this summer for the front end. I just thought I would see how this upgrade would play out for me! Got to be better than stock right, lol! Thanks steve
It depends on how much traction you have now. What's your best 60' time? More than likely it's going to be a very noticeable difference, more so if you are experiencing wheel hop.

I also just bought:
Spohn sdj tunnel-mount TA
UMI adj poly/rod LCA's
Spohn adj poly/rod PHB
UMI relo brackets
SLP 3-pt SFC's
Hotchkis STB
BMR 22mm rear sway bar

I'll let you know in a couple weeks when it goes on.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't got my motor back yet but it's a 355 LT1 with a cc306 cam with every mod imaginable to it really. I have a 10lb bottle for it to for ****'s and giggles. I would hope to be in the 11's but I guess well see! I looked at all my **** and my suspension has 172K miles on it and hasn't been touched so I figured with the 30% off sale it may be a good time to get a few things over my stock equip.....Thought's!!!!

Honestly I've never had my car on the track in the 10 years I've owned it!
As for wheel hop mine wasn't to terrible but occasionally it would do it!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

I hit up their Christmas sale and bought everything on your list but the panhard bar. I also added scf's and strange s/a front shocks.

Too bad I work all the damn time and all of my stuff is still boxed up in the garage. I'm hoping to get everyting put on and get a few track passes before summer sets in.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those parts shouls help you out quite a bit with traction. The sale they had going was awesome.

I bought a K member for my formula. I already had their turbo one that I was going to stick in it. Now I am going to take the turbo one and the trashed engine from my formula and put it in my 93 for mockup.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

So I did alright then? Sweet, I was thinking for right aroung $630 shipped to the door wasn't bad. Although BMR is waiting on some adjustable parts to come in so they can finish the product, I'm happy with the decsion, I'll be out of town for 2 weeks so there holding off on shipping it out until I get back so it's not sitting on my porch for 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: BMR upgrade thoughts!!!