LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Good set of forged rods and pistons for a 350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Good set of forged rods and pistons for a 350?

Anyone have a recommendation of a good forged rod and lightweight forged piston for a 350? I can probably spend 1k for the entire set max. I was hoping stock rods and pistons from a '97 LT4 would hold up to my Ai 200cc package, but I just want to do it right and not pull the motor again for a long time. Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
Anyone have a recommendation of a good forged rod and lightweight forged piston for a 350? I can probably spend 1k for the entire set max. I was hoping stock rods and pistons from a '97 LT4 would hold up to my Ai 200cc package, but I just want to do it right and not pull the motor again for a long time. Thanks
If you are on a budget for your rotating assembly, what I would do is cut polish the stock crank, recondition the stock rods and use ARP rod bolts, get a set of new Mahle forged aluminum pistons. That paired with some quality machine work on your block should handle the power and rpm of the Ai 200cc package. If you are buying Ai's heads/cam kit, why not order pistons (and rods) form them as well?

Quick Reply: Good set of forged rods and pistons for a 350?