LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help

Hey guys I am having some trouble with my car. I took it for a drive and it died out on my due to the solenoid positive wire connection coming loose. I went threw thinking it was a band ground and cleaned everything. I also got a new starter solenoid. So I hooked my battery up and it was dead so I got my brother car and started to jump it. As soon as I hooked it up the the lights popped up and the horn for what I guess is the factory alarm started to go off. Also the starter solenoid sounded like it was spinning. So I took the jumper cables off and the battery died out again. I have checked grounds and all my wires but can not seem to find the problem. It is probably looking me in the face and since I am frustrated with working on it for the past month I can not see it. Does anybody have any ideas. By the way when I took the car apart it was running great.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 96Formula6spd
Hey guys I am having some trouble with my car. I took it for a drive and it died out on my due to the solenoid positive wire connection coming loose. I went threw thinking it was a band ground and cleaned everything. I also got a new starter solenoid. So I hooked my battery up and it was dead so I got my brother car and started to jump it. As soon as I hooked it up the the lights popped up and the horn for what I guess is the factory alarm started to go off. Also the starter solenoid sounded like it was spinning. So I took the jumper cables off and the battery died out again. I have checked grounds and all my wires but can not seem to find the problem. It is probably looking me in the face and since I am frustrated with working on it for the past month I can not see it. Does anybody have any ideas. By the way when I took the car apart it was running great.
Sounds like you have some crossed or incorrectly routed wires somewhere. I would double check everything.

Quick Reply: Need Help